• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

oti

Banned
No idea what this is.

But it looks amazing.

M1tzzwGbSH2Kvh6zCS8ZbA.png

BTA

I'm excited to watch this intro y'all are building up in like... 3 hours.

and then not watch the rest of the video for several hours more because V3

Teddified

The real unknown factor is if we get a new video producer this year and if they will have any effect on the GOTY.

That would be like 9 people in the room.

Zaph

That's if there's actually a problem at all.

They've never put out more content than now. We've never had more premium shows. From what they hint at, mainstays like the podcast and UPF are still popular and growing.

East and West are not actually different websites.

The "problem" is that we want more and that not every piece of content pleases everyone.

I think I'd be more willing to buy that if West didn't perpetually talk about plans that never come to fruition (to the point of Jeff once telling Brad to stop it). The status quo just doesn't sound intentional.

"This is a better game than Destiny, right? And Destiny was #10 on our list when it came out, so wouldn't it make sense that Destiny 2 ranks higher than 10?"

patapuf

I think I'd be more willing to buy that if West didn't perpetually talk about plans that never come to fruition (to the point of Jeff once telling Brad to stop it). The status quo just doesn't sound intentional.

They obviously want to do more. They wouldn't hire people if they didn't.

Over the years most of the guys have personally explained in this thread that behind scenes stuff takes up a lot of time. That's obviously not good enough for people that believe they don't put out enough content.

Not that there isn't room for improvement in the shows they are doing now.

That's if there's actually a problem at all.

They've never put out more content than now. We've never had more premium shows. From what they hint at, mainstays like the podcast and UPF are still popular and growing.

East and West are not actually different websites.

The "problem" is that we want more and that not every piece of content pleases everyone.

You guys can say that they're not different websites as much as you like, but that doesn't change the fact they have two very different philosophies on producing content, and that one leads to more frequent and more varied premium features.

You guys can say that they're not different websites as much as you like, but that doesn't change the fact they have two very different philosophies on producing content, and that one leads to more frequent and more varied premium features.

Theyre still not different websites. This whole meme sucks. East doesnt do features without West knowing about them. They brainstorm together.

Theyre still not different websites. This whole meme sucks. East doesnt do features without West knowing about them. They brainstorm together.

I never said they were! Is it that difficult to acknowledge that even though it's the same website, they have two different ways of doing things, and that disparity may impact how much we enjoy their respective content?

i feel like there's probably never going to be a giant bomb west where brad and jeff are creating stuff like six crazy frights, that kinda content has never been their thing.

hypothetically, would you be happy with a west that was producing demo derby, game tapes, and ranking of fighters on a regular basis? or is the problem beyond that for you?

This. They are not separate entities. I am excited for when GBW gets another producer to see what happens. We all know its been rough only having one and we barely know anything about what happens behind the scenes. Remember how thrilled Vinny was when they finally hired Abby? That said, I would love to see more premium content from GBW.

patapuf

I have lots of good premium (and non-premium) features to watch. More than ever before.

To the point that it's becoming difficult to watch even only the features I like.

I'm really struggling to see GB's crisis here.

Top Bottom