• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

REMINDER:

CWY5ElbUEAE16K1.jpg

imBask

Banned
yeah but Piston those are his games of all time, PUBG is better than those this year but not forever, if you take into account that Cuphead is the greatest game of the month but it's not the game of the calendar

you know what I mean?

BTA

My phone keeps wiping all my Safari tabs and local bookmarks/reading list, but for some reason it always maintains a single bookmark for the Shenmue forums as, years ago, I was looking up the best way to emulate them if needed and bookmarked a thread with that information, and so every time this happens I'm just presented with an empty tab and a single icon labeled "Shenmue Dojo Community".

so is my phone haunted, is my question

My phone keeps wiping all my Safari tabs and local bookmarks/reading list, but for some reason it always maintains a single bookmark for the Shenmue forums as, years ago, I was looking up the best way to emulate them if needed and bookmarked a thread with that information, and so every time this happens I'm just presented with an empty tab and a single icon labeled "Shenmue Dojo Community".

so is my phone haunted, is my question

As an expert in hauntings I can say yes

REMINDER:

CWY5ElbUEAE16K1.jpg

Honestly OG Mario Kart being #6 is the most egregious thing on that list. Talk about a game that hasn't held up and controls poorly...

Once you get beyond the whole "the first Mario Kart I played is the best" stuff, it's really hard to argue for the older games in the series.

How recent is that? The lack of Stardew Valley dates it to pre-2015.
It's really old, like PS2 era old.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean to be fair, every game and how we feel about it is the product of the time they were released in and the context of that time period.

Joeku

That's the most mid-2000's games journo list ever. I'm so glad high-visibility indies became a thing and mid-tier games are coming back.

I mean to be fair, every game and how we feel about it is the product of the time they were released in and the context of that time period.

you'd be a dope in 2002 for thinking Super Mario Sunshine was the ninth best game of all time

Honestly OG Mario Kart being #6 is the most egregious thing on that list. Talk about a game that hasn't held up and controls poorly...

oh shut up, it holds up just fine if you squint really hard and imagine every track is on the ice world

Jintor

Over Wind Waker? Over Super Mario Land 2? I know Dan loves B games, but RA2 over stuff he's repeatedly praised to the high heavens super vocally?

Listening to the Bombcast, they discussed possible uses of Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System in other games and I thought of one that I think would be awesome. It would be an open world pirate game (more Skull & Bones than Sea of Thieves) where you sail the seas and battle other pirates. You, a pirate captain, are considered a low ranked pirate and the goal of the game is to increase your notoriety. The other pirates are your nemeses. When you face them in battle they'll hurl insults and whatnot at you. Any time you best them in battle, the chances of their crew opting to join your ranks increases. As your progress in the game, you'd capture enemy ships and crews and appoint captains to those ships that would then act as your underlings as you grow a fleet of ships, becoming a true force of the seas. You would control ports that you could visit. Wherever you see land, you could visit (maybe to hide your pirate treasure... or to find your fortune!). Also, not only would there be ship combat, there'd also be sword combat, as well as pistol combat (on ships or land). I just think that could be so much fun.

It would be sort of a more modern Sid Meier's Pirates.

It really bums me out that the franchise that would most benefit from the Nemesis System is one that’s damned near guaranteed never to get it- Pokémon.

Just imagine a roster of rivals competing with you, building teams to neutralise your best Pokémon and you fighting your main Nemesis as the Champion with a team custom-built to take yours down. Fuck, that’d be impossibly good.

It really bums me out that the franchise that would most benefit from the Nemesis System is one that's damned near guaranteed never to get it- Pokémon.

Just imagine a roster of rivals competing with you, building teams to neutralise your best Pokémon and you fighting your main Nemesis as the Champion with a team custom-built to take yours down. Fuck, that'd be impossibly good.

That would require Game Freak to put effort into a Pokemon single player campaign instead of shitting out another boring thing even kids can auto pilot.

Jintor

It really bums me out that the franchise that would most benefit from the Nemesis System is one that’s damned near guaranteed never to get it- Pokémon.

Just imagine a roster of rivals competing with you, building teams to neutralise your best Pokémon and you fighting your main Nemesis as the Champion with a team custom-built to take yours down. Fuck, that’d be impossibly good.

hooooooooooooooly crap i want this

Top Bottom