• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

oti

Banned
Im the same way Oti. As long as the game is still fun I can’t get worked up about lootboxes. And I actually kind of like them sometimes.

I don’t think that I’m going to mind that mordors endgame is grindy.

I don't have got time to grind out a cutscene I could just watch on YouTube anyway. If the end game is fun, I'll do it because it's fun. And I do like loot crates as a form of reward, even though I find them incredibly unnecessary in a single player game. I get whey they're there and I've made my peace with it. I wish people wouldn't obsess over them and pay hundreds of Euros for worthless virtual garbage. But I can't tell people how to spend their money. Too bad these few people change video games for all of us.

Ashby

Is Stardew like Minecraft in that there's no in-game motivation to do anything? I'm too old for games like that. I need structure, i ain't no freewheeling iGenner.

Hindl

Is Stardew like Minecraft in that there's no in-game motivation to do anything? I'm too old for games like that. I need structure, i ain't no freewheeling iGenner.
No there's goals you set for yourself as you work your way up the "tech tree". And each season only has a limited number of days so you have to plan out what you're going to do, otherwise you'll have to wait a whole year to try again. And then there's two different mines to explore plus some other shit

Nah, I'm the same way and can't get into games like minecraft because of that (loved dragon quest builders though). There are lots of goals to work towards in stardew, I played through the majority of a year on steam and always felt like there was a lot of things I was working towards.

Tagyhag

no jontron on my gb content
C7UzJPBU8AAWhSA.jpg

TraBuch

Banned
If people that mattered shared his views years ago, dude never would've been able to step foot in the US. I don't see how he could possibly support that. Clayton Bigsby motherfucker.

You know what would be great? If they said fuck the schedule for about a month and did features on things they were interested in outside of games. Like, once a year for them to do whatever.

Im the new hire.

Hindl

If people that mattered shared his views years ago, dude never would've been able to step foot in the US. I don't see how he could possibly support that. Clayton Bigsby motherfucker.
Well he was born here but yeah his parents wouldn't be allowed in
Where are the streams they talked about at the end of the Bombcast? Did they just mean East streams?
Jeff mentioned the old games
You know what would be great? If they said fuck the schedule for about a month and did features on things they were interested in outside of games. Like, once a year for them to do whatever.

Im the new hire.
Still need to see Vinny woodworking and/or cooking

Zaph

Where are the streams they talked about at the end of the Bombcast? Did they just mean East streams?

"Won't say everything until it happens because you never know" - Brad immediately after

I hope the interviews are going well because they really need that new producer.

Lunar FC

Was the lack of portability why it didn't grab you? It's the same game. I like it, but if the core mechanics didn't grab you that probably won't change.

Most likely not. It's not radically different

I mean its the same game so I doubt it?? Guess it depends what you didn't like and if it being portable fixes that?

That's what i'm not sure about. I like wanted to enjoy that game so much but I don't know what my issues were with it. I hoped maybe being able to play it wherever would make it a more casual experience than on my computer sitting in my wooden chair. 😕

TraBuch

Banned
What if I were to say that Stardew Valley doesn't hold a candle to Harvest Moon 64 and Friends of Mineral Town? Because it doesn't.

Lari

DOG BOTTOM!

That constant dying glitch at the end of the dunking balls segment in the Destiny 2 raid was too funny.

That's what i'm not sure about. I like wanted to enjoy that game so much but I don't know what my issues were with it. I hoped maybe being able to play it wherever would make it a more casual experience than on my computer sitting in my wooden chair. 😕

Yea I think the portability factor will be big with a game like Stardew. Easy to just play a day or two wherever you want and call it good (or keep going), rather than being stuck at your PC all day.

Top Bottom