• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Hasney

i'm at the end of Golf Story and i'm not too happy with one of the final challenge, sucks because I was really enjoying that game so far

spoiler :
having to replay eight round of golf is bad padding to me

You shouldn't have to. Haven't you been doing them as you go through the game?

EDIT: Just saw your reply. You got it!

DUNMlaR.gif

YO

Well I beat the boss of World 4 in Rabbids over lunch, really enjoyed playing through that game. Definitely one of my biggest surprises of the year, went from not even remotely interested (initial leak etc) to interested (that ubisoft e3 reveal) to loving it haha. Need to do all the world 4 challenges and other stuff still though!

Anyone pick up Stardew Valley today on the switch? I am trying to resist buying it (already have it on Steam and played through most of a year of it) but I probably am going to end up getting it... having a portable version of it is really enticing to me.

Does Stardew Valley have any kind of story to speak of?
Or is it just a great looking timesink?

it's a story about trying to fuck

and if your partner can quack like a duck when they suck

and if they will also buck like a horse, when you fuck

a real farmers tale

Does Stardew Valley have any kind of story to speak of?
Or is it just a great looking timesink?

Yea it has a bunch of stories, events etc. You are given a ton of freedom as to what you do day to day (after the beginning at least) but there will be festivals and stuff. There are a lot of events and story that happens as time passes and as you meet new people/increase your relationship with them.

BTA

I like Golf Story

But, let's see, just finding the first 10 games I played (that came out) this year that I liked more, in no order other than vaguely chronological...

1. Hitman (disc release)
2. Night in the Woods
3. Beglitched (iOS)
4. The Sexy Brutale
5. Breath of the Wild
6. Persona 5
7. Rakuen
8. Splatoon 2
9. Wonder-Girl: The Dragon's Trap
10. Pyre

and if you want to get around the 2 technicalities you might as well throw Rabbids and V3 and/or CollarxMalice in there I guess

it doesn't stand up to the meme

BTA

Oh shit I still need to check out the Sexy Brutale. Forgot all about it but it looked neat in the Quick Look.

It's weird because I keep forgetting it even exists but I really liked it a ton when I was playing it. I have a few specific criticisms of certain segments, but it was one of those games where it felt like it understood a very specific thing I'm really into and wanted to see done well (time looping and seeing that loop play out across a large space) and went for it.

J_Viper

Wait Mordor and Evil Within hit next week?

Good thing I'm doing nothing with my life, or else I'd never have the time for all these games!

KARSPANKEY'S TOP GAMES OF 2017 SO FAR
Sponsored by: Yakuza 0

1. Zelda lol
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Sniper Elite 4
6. Destiny 2
7. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
8. What Remains of Edith Finch
9. Prey
10. Nier Automata

B-B-B-BONUS

11. Dirt 4
12. For Honor
13. Kona
14. Knack II
15. Tokyo 42
16. Injustice 2 (jk)

Oakinn

KARSPANKEY'S TOP GAMES OF 2017 SO FAR
Sponsored by: Yakuza 0

1. Zelda lol
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Sniper Elite 4
6. Destiny 2
7. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
8. What Remains of Edith Finch
9. Prey
10. Nier Automata

B-B-B-BONUS

11. Dirt 4
12. For Honor
13. Kona
14. Knack II
15. Tokyo 42
16. Injustice 2 (jk)

glad to see prey getting some love

oti

Banned
Crates are cool and all (who doesn't like opening them) but people need to get a grip and not obsess over them.

And by people I mean Brad.

Braaaaaaaad.

Battlefront 2 looks incredible but I don't care about Star Wars. I'm good. 🤷*♂️

I don't have time to play everything I want anyway, filtering out any game with loot boxes or gacha mechanics is a pretty easy way to weed out the trash. I don't think I've ever spent money on any games with them and I don't really see it changing.

I got pretty bored of Golf Story

nowhere near as good as Stardew

Imagine playing both at the same time
like me.

I also ran into Dan on the street yesterday and said hi and chatted for a minute. He's a very nice man.

Only Beastcaster I haven't run into at some point now is Vinny. Vinny, where are you hiding!?

oti

Banned
I don't have time to play everything I want anyway, filtering out any game with loot boxes or gacha mechanics is a pretty easy way to weed out the trash. I don't think I've ever spent money on any games with them and I don't really see it changing.

As long as the balancing is fair, I don't care. I love Lord of the Rings and Assassin's Creed, so I'll play those games despite their whale mechanics. For Mordor I'll plan through the game and just watch the true ending, if it's really a 50h long grind (which is utterly ridiculous).

I really don't like temporary boosts for competitive multiplayer games, though. More experience points in Splatoon 2 is totally fine. Any more than that is not.

BearPawB

Banned
Im the same way Oti. As long as the game is still fun I can’t get worked up about lootboxes. And I actually kind of like them sometimes.

I don’t think that I’m going to mind that mordors endgame is grindy.

Top Bottom