• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

It might just be my perception, but it seems like games don't drop as fast or as far as they did a few years ago. Gone are the days of $5 steam sales the same year a $60 game was released.

I suppose it might depend on the game. Two games I stupidly bought when they came out Deus Ex: Mankind Divived and Dishonored 2 dropped to less than €10 pretty quickly and that was just a year ago. Other games I've been waiting on have been holding their value pretty well.

WB games still drop very fast. Probably because they love their post launch monetization so much.
Hmm, even more incentive to hold off on Wardor.
I suppose it might depend on the game. Two games I stupidly bought when they came out Deus Ex: Mankind Divived and Dishonored 2 dropped to less than €10 pretty quickly and that was just a year ago. Other games I've been waiting on have been holding their value pretty well.
I've been waiting on Dishonored 2 and haven't seen it drop below $20 (which admittedly is not too bad). Same with Tomb Raider.

So many games to play this year though, I'm ok holding off on the backlog.

Tagyhag

If they ever do a sequel to SMS, would Mario 64 be the best option?

I loved the Galaxy games but they were way too easy and Odyssey's moon system would be weird with their betting.

Top 7 ways Cuphead fucks

66joPgr.jpg

Lunar FC

My roommate, who writes for our university newspaper, has to cover some "event" where students are going to yell "I'm pickle rick" inside the SUB. She is devastated. 😂😂😂

Bacon

My roommate, who writes for our university newspaper, has to cover some "event" where students are going to yell "I'm pickle rick" inside the SUB. She is devastated. 😂😂😂

👌👌👌😂😂😂👌👌😂💯💯💯💀

robotrock

Banned

Is this one of those crazy Facebook group invite things? I always see stuff for gatherings to yell either Rick and Morty quotes or Spongebob quotes.

Salarians

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

lmao

good thing it's a free update for existing owners

Why's it funny? The game was always advertised as a service and it probably has the best model of any fighting game out there. It give's you plenty of ways to earn characters and is offering new modes/features way after release. As shitty as Capcom has been lately at least SFV is there to set a positive example of how fighting game updates can work.

Compare the content at launch to that of UMVC:I. Compare the DLC plans next to Forza or Mordor. It was a bit of a mess at launch due to modes I don't particularly care about, but the game has all the requested features and then some.

Hindl

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
You left out the last line:

Nothin personnel kid 😎

Really ties a bow on it

Mr. F

Banned
Cuphead somehow looks even more insane in person, damn.

I was skeptical that it could take best styyyyle thinking the awe would have worn off seeing bits of it for like 5 years now, but holy it's a stunner.

Lunar FC

💀

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WB has always ALWAYS been the worst about this shit but for some reason people pen Ubi or EA as the worst

member Catwoman?

Lunar FC

Cuphead somehow looks even more insane in person, damn.

I was skeptical that it could take best styyyyle thinking the awe would have worn off seeing bits of it for like 5 years now, but holy it's a stunner.

You met the Mugman? What was he like? 🙊

Strax

WB has always ALWAYS been the worst about this shit but for some reason people pen Ubi or EA as the worst

member Catwoman?

The Catwoman stuff was bad because of how they did it, not why. Like Jeff or Patrick said if they had told people about this earlier and not put her at the center of the ads nobody would've been upset.

BTA

I watched the Night Trap QL over lunch and... I hadn't realized the game was that bad?

Like I vaguely knew the history of it and that the game wasn't actually horrifying in any way, but I didn't realize the enemies you had to deal with were so constant from the start that you could barely watch the actual story at all. I guess the point was to see some of that as you progressed and memorize the events and code changes and such? What a weird game.

It's unfortunate that they decided to gate the bonus features like that because the original prototype sounds interesting.

Yeah. Persona 5 is a strong second, but Cuphead got Best Style. Best music should be Nier Automata or Persona 5. Best Looking, reckon Horizon gets that.

- J - D -

I watched the Night Trap QL over lunch and... I hadn't realized the game was that bad?

Like I vaguely knew the history of it and that the game wasn't actually horrifying in any way, but I didn't realize the enemies you had to deal with were so constant from the start that you could barely watch the actual story at all. I guess the point was to see some of that as you progressed and memorize the events and code changes and such? What a weird game.

It's unfortunate that they decided to gate the bonus features like that because the original prototype sounds interesting.

Night Trap was never considered good back then outside of the novelty of being a shiny FMV thing, and the only reason it still has a following at all in modern times is solely for ironic reasons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's been long enough. I was very accepting and encouraged about it and I'll try to say this in my nicest way to be less hurtful

Ben fits in well with Abby. Ben doesn't fit in well in the Bombcast at all. His vibe is completely off.

imBask

Banned
i'm at the end of Golf Story and i'm not too happy with one of the final challenge, sucks because I was really enjoying that game so far

spoiler :
having to replay eight round of golf is bad padding to me

i'm at the end of Golf Story and i'm not too happy with one of the final challenge, sucks because I was really enjoying that game so far

spoiler :
having to replay eight round of golf is bad padding to me

Have you been doing the match plays in each course?

You should only have the battle against the old man at Tidy Park, Lara at Oak Manor and Junior at Blue Moon Dunes left if you've done the rest so far.

imBask

Banned

Have you been doing the match plays in each course?

You should only have the battle against the old man at Tidy Park, Lara at Oak Manor and Junior at Blue Moon Dunes left if you've done the rest so far.

ohhhhhhhhh the old ones count, ok that makes it infinitely better

the way it was worded made me thinkI had to re-do all of them

Top Bottom