• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm not jealous of his wit, thats for sure...

HyAxKsJ.png

I'm kinda not getting why people were blowing up around an intentionally bad joke about a sportsman being injured?

If we're talking about recent GB controversy's last night had Dan seriously call Vince McMahon one of his favourite human beings. Vince is a racist, sexist, murderer defending, incest obsessed, petty, Trump backing, potential rapist who doesn't give a shit about the well-being of his workforce. Dan's somebody who's so into wrestling it's practically impossible for him not to know this. Nobody even gave a shit.

To his defense, he did say the character of Vince...

Wasn't there an issue back about posting discord related stuff in this thread?

Wunder

I'm kinda not getting why people were blowing up around an intentionally bad joke about a sportsman being injured?

If we're talking about recent GB controversy's last night had Dan seriously call Vince McMahon one of his favourite human beings. Vince is a racist, sexist, murderer defending, incest obsessed, petty, Trump backing, potential rapist who doesn't give a shit about the well-being of his workforce. Dan's somebody who's so into wrestling it's practically impossible for him not to know this. Nobody even gave a shit.

hey I made a post

Giganteus

I saw a tall man pick his nose in public, this morning. I couldnt see his face but I think it was Ben, so Im rushing here to post it. Ben, you should be ashamed of yourself for doing that.

Harpuia

Dan must regularly check this thread every now and then and must be the most confused human being on the planet when he sees """"beefs"""" start up.

daveo42

Banned
I pop into the discord from time to time, but with it mostly being on my phone, I tend to ignore it. As for bringing it up in the thread, whatever. Piston's comment is probably on point in this case tho.

swimbuff

Jeff made the initial joke about how Celtics needed an extra man, while Ben made the joke about how they could’ve used a cleric. For whatever reason Ben’s joke was controversial.

Eh whatever I thought it was funny.

LiK

Jeff made the initial joke about how Celtics needed an extra man, while Ben made the joke about how they could’ve used a cleric. For whatever reason Ben’s joke was controversial.

Eh whatever I thought it was funny.

That's actually a pretty good joke. Nice job Ben.

kiyomi

Elex looks like the kind of game that's a perfect example of why art style is so important. It has no real consistency and looks like it was just slapped together, style-wise, without anyone putting any thought into it. Shame because it looks like an okay B-tier game otherwise.

I kinda get the feeling that he understands that Vince is a piece of shit, it's just that he's fascinated by him.

To an extent I got that, it's why I didn't post about it at the time (and because I don't like targeting specific cast members). At the same time we got a piece of content where Dan spends 10 minutes saying Vince is an amazing person and why, whilst nobody pointed out why Vince is in fact a terrible person beyond Alex calling him a hellperson.

I just wanted to make a point that Ben was being called out over a Jeff joke that wasn't particularly bad in the first place whilst the response to Dan was more muted.

BTA

iTunes Bombcast reviews.

This made me check the podcast reviews that iOS 11 displays for each GB feed and they’re all boring and outdated.

not nearly as good as the ones for FatT or The Polygon Show
which were written by people involved with them

swimbuff

I was almost going to buy GT Sport sight unseen until I heard the Bombcast and saw the Quick Look. I knew vaguely that they were leaning into this pseudo “real racing” thing but I didn’t realize they were going to make that the whole game.

I’m glad I held off on getting but man that leaves me with zero driving games on the PS4. Just give me back the car wash from the first GT Polyphony. Dammit.

LiK

I was almost going to buy GT Sport sight unseen until I heard the Bombcast and saw the Quick Look. I knew vaguely that they were leaning into this pseudo “real racing” thing but I didn’t realize they were going to make that the whole game.

I’m glad I held off on getting but man that leaves me with zero driving games on the PS4. Just give me back the car wash from the first GT Polyphony. Dammit.

Check out Drive Club ;)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Nier automata has a racing side quest.

swimbuff

Check out Drive Club ;)

I was always put off off it because someone (probably GB) said it was trying to be arcade and sim at the same time and it didn’t work. Never did check it out for myself and I probably will now since there won’t be any other viable options for now. Wish it had a HDR update though.

Nier automata has a racing side quest.

Somehow after all the talk about the Nier:A in this and past threads this is the first I heard mention of a racing side quest.

kiyomi

GT6 really should've been ported over to PS4 at launch or near-launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom