• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Is there a point of the GBGAF Discord besides circumventing the moderation policies of GAF and talking shit about members here? Why not just post in these threads otherwise? Oti seemed hurt before, that shit isn't necessary.

I'm pretty much side-eyeing all of the discord chat folks here now.

Three streams doesn't seem like overkill for games that there are many many many videos on the internet already?

I mean it's basically the "Old Games Show" they used to do, just focused on that set of games. They maybe had 1-2 more streams of the SNES Classic before they played all the worthwhile non-RPG games.

They need to bring back the Old Games Show. I do love Jeff's streams, but would also like them to do it as a group too.

EDIT: Get In The Ring is back up.

imBask

Banned
Is there a point of the GBGAF Discord besides circumventing the moderation policies of GAF and talking shit about members here? Why not just post in these threads otherwise? Oti seemed hurt before, that shit isn't necessary.

it's not really the same thing, and i'm not just defending this one i'm on a bunch of other discords. There's no real comparison between a chatroom and a message board, they are 2 different things

LiK

I'm pretty much side-eyeing all of the discord chat folks here now.

Don't worry, I joined today to keep an eye on them. We're talking about comic books. It's pretty chill.

There's plenty of point in having a chat space, people just need to stop bringing it back into this thread.

This is really dumb, but I'd be 50% more likely to impluse buy Elex if the jetpack let you cover a little more ground horizontally. Every time I see it used in a video it looks like it stops a few feet short of being satisfying.

Don't worry, I joined today to keep an eye on them. We're talking about comic books. It's pretty chill.

1DfIsf2.png

Xater

Dear god Twitter is the fucking stupidest website in the world. I finally had to stop following someone from this thread because Twitter keeps showing me all the horny anime pictures they like (not RT) in my timeline. Blocking the accounts only makes Twitter show them more, because it was built by morons.

The solution to that is to not use the website and only unofficial apps. You never have to see the likes or ads.

- J - D -

I trust you, LiK. Keep them in line like you were EmCeeGramr.

This is really dumb, but I'd be 50% more likely to impluse buy Elex if the jetpack let you cover a little more ground horizontally. Every time I see it used in a video it looks like it stops a few feet short of being satisfying.

I'm watching the QL right now and I'm thinking the same thing. "This jet pack is kinda lame."

The solution to that is to not use the website and only unofficial apps. You never have to see the likes or ads.

as someone who has switched to primarily get their news from twitter, whats a good app on ios? i know there have been a ton (tweeter, tweetdeck, tweetme, tweetythreeandme, tweettweet).

Speaking of comic books, I received my free hardcover Planetary Omnibus a couple days ago and that is one big book.

Damn, that's a huge ass book to get for free. I couldn't get anything other than the Zelda guide for some reason. I tried things like the Splatoon art book that other people got to no avail!

Never heard of Planetary Omnibus until you mentioned it, but it's seemingly right up my alley!

it's not really the same thing, and i'm not just defending this one i'm on a bunch of other discords. There's no real comparison between a chatroom and a message board, they are 2 different things

community threads get shut down for being "chatrooms," sometimes people like to shoot the shit in a more real-time way. they're different things.

and besides, who uses gb chat except to tell them the stream is broken or brad is wrong

Xater

as someone who has switched to primarily get their news from twitter, whats a good app on ios? i know there have been a ton (tweeter, tweetdeck, tweetme, tweetythreeandme, tweettweet).

On iOS I love Tweetbot.

For me:

iOS/OSX = Tweetbot
Android = Flamingo
Windows = Tweeten

Tubobutts

Speaking of comic books, I received my free hardcover Planetary Omnibus a couple days ago and that is one big book.
I got a Warhammer 40k artbook I had the old version of and then used my audible credits on Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology book and a history lecture.

TraBuch

Banned
Nice. I got the Zelda book thing but now I wish I got the planetary omnibus instead. :(

Damn, that's a huge ass book to get for free. I couldn't get anything other than the Zelda guide for some reason. I tried things like the Splatoon art book that other people got to no avail!

Never heard of Planetary Omnibus until you mentioned it, but it's seemingly right up my alley!

It's fantastic. I already have it on my iPad, but I couldn't resist a free copy of the book.

Ever read The Authority?

Nope. I just started reading comics last year so I have a huge backlog of stuff that I've picked up. The Authority is on my list, but I've got a lot of other stuff to get through first. Think I'm gonna try Transmetropolitan next.

I got a Warhammer 40k artbook I had the old version of and then used my audible credits on Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology book and a history lecture.
For the audiobooks, I picked up The Disaster Artist and am still thinking of what to get next.

I don't know why it's there, but it seems cool and hip and I gotta get in there, haha.

Also - Discord isn't blocked at work but the GAF site is, and I hate trying to use the mobile version.

I've been told to tell you guys that "if you click "I don't like this tweet" like three times in the twitter app, it will stop showing you stuff people liked"

TraBuch

Banned
I made a Twitter account, followed Jeff and Vinny on it, and never logged in again until today, when I realized that I once made a Twitter account and discovered I'm following Jeff and Vinny despite never actually looking at their Tweets.

Dear god Twitter is the fucking stupidest website in the world. I finally had to stop following someone from this thread because Twitter keeps showing me all the horny anime pictures they like (not RT) in my timeline. Blocking the accounts only makes Twitter show them more, because it was built by morons.

Is it the same person who retweeted a picture of a voluptuous woman dressed as Wario

Ayyyy, DM. Just finished Danny's Witcher docs and saw your name on the backer list :p

Thanks for helping fund these things, haha

I was only able to contribute to his Patreon once at the beginning!

Get Even, ECHO and Elex all seem cool to me and kinda on the same level of scope, I have a soft spot for games that try to do something cool and for the most part succeed despite evident flaws, the industry needs more games like those.

Used to talk smack about West without staff seeing.
since Jeff left the server lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom