• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

2YuhpIO.jpg

Gobias

Banned
Abby is completely right about Blade Runner. One of the most visually stunning movies ever made, but nothing else about it is anything special

Harpuia

Sounds like this episode is real good...did I miss anything in the later half of episode 11? I watched half of it, enough to see Dan/Abby's swap and the Eel boss.

Abby is completely right about Blade Runner. One of the most visually stunning movies ever made, but nothing else about it is anything special

That's kind of misrepresenting what she said. She said it was very good but not amazing, which is I think a pretty fair assessment.

Someone post the Austin tweet about seeing a take so bad you need to go to sleep.

The weird thing here is Austin's said multiple times he has issues introducing Blade Runner to people because of its weird pace and odd story-telling.

(I like Blade Runner but think it works better as a tone poem than as an actual, coherent plot)

I love Harrison Ford(Favorite actor of all-time), I love androids (best characters in DBZ), I love sci-fi stories (insert evidence here), and even I was mostly lukewarm on a lot in the original Blade Runner.

2049 though? Fuckin awesome.

Zaph

The weird thing here is Austin's said multiple times he has issues introducing Blade Runner to people because of its weird pace and odd story-telling.

(I like Blade Runner but think it works better as a tone poem than as an actual, coherent plot)

And he's right. Outside of nerdy bubbles, Blade Runner can be pretty divisive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom