• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think parts of GAF are incapable of distinguishing their favorites and what the person is actually looking for when making recommendations. Sure, let's give one FFIV to a 9 year old new to RPGs or someone who has never played a FF game before!

LiK

Sometimes I think parts of GAF are incapable of distinguishing their favorites and what the person is actually looking for when making recommendations. Sure, let's give one FFIV to a 9 year old new to RPGs or someone who has never played a FF game before!

FFII aka FFIV was actually my first JRPG as a lil kid. I think I was 12 or 13. Totally fine.

imBask

Banned
catching up a bit... I now understand why some people in this thread don't like PUBG if you're only experience with the game was from watching Murder Island

that 3rd episode with Ben, Brad, Alex and Dan was atrocious

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
catching up a bit... I now understand why some people in this thread don't like PUBG if you're only experience with the game was from watching Murder Island

that 3rd episode with Ben, Brad, Alex and Dan was atrocious

I don't like PUBG because of my experience playing PUBG and how it's a bad game.

I just don't bother watching the series because it also happens to be a bad game to watch.

FFII aka FFIV was actually my first JRPG as a lil kid. I think I was 12 or 13. Totally fine.

A bit of a risk nowadays I feel like! In the thread about kids first JRPG I suggested Ni No Kuni with the caveat that I don't fully remember how complex the battle mechanics were.

LiK

A bit of a risk nowadays I feel like! In the thread about kids first JRPG I suggested Ni No Kuni with the caveat that I don't fully remember how complex the battle mechanics were.

I think it's fine to suggest games that might be a lil more complex to an age range. Some kids will get it and some don't. Just gotta see how it goes.

oti

Banned
Absolutely

Would be cool if there were events in the game or something. Changing it up here and there. Splatoon 2 Salmon Run is great in that.

But it's just in Early Access. Maybe it will be in there once it's a real game. And eligible for GOTY.

Joeku

The new map is going to be insane when it lands. Not sure if it's still an island or not though. Murder Desert? Shooting Sands?

TraBuch

Banned
Actually, I should amend that. It seems more like Jeff has that bad habit of overexposing new hires. Vinny did an excellent job gradually introducing Abby.

Giant Bomb has a bad habit of overexposing new hires to the point that people get really fucking tired of them.

I didn't notice (honestly likely because I just don't really watch a lot of Quick Looks anymore), but after looking into it there have only been two West quick looks that don't involve Ben since he was hired on May 1st, so I can't say I blame you.

TraBuch

Banned
Sounds like East need to pick up some QL slack tbh. But yeah, Abby has said at least a sentence in every video East has put out.
Since the hires, GBE has done 20 quick looks, Abby's been in three of them. And no, a line from the booth while recording a video isnt the same thing as "hosting" a quick look.

GBW has done 32 quick looks, Ben has "hosted" 28 of them.

Overexposure is a real thing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Since the hires, GBE has done 20 quick looks, Abby's been in three of them. And no, a line from the booth while recording a video isnt the same thing as "hosting" a quick look.

Abby's a video producer.

Abby is GBE's Jason though.

Hasney

You said in, so I counted it. It's almost like she has a different role than Ben...

Just looked up Austins first month after E3 too. Did the same thing, so it's clear that's hjow they get their editorial team in.

And bens a junior editor

Weird how hes been leading the majority of qls

Not really that weird, you make the lower pay grade do the grunt work.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure Jason didn't appear in many videos when he was first hired, either, but I wonder how much of that had to do with them also bringing in Dan at the same time so they could shove him in all the videos.

Jason is a producer, like Abby. Dan is an editor, like Ben.

The amount of Ben isnt an issue. His personality is.

Abby could be in everything and it would be great.

Ben is GB's first bad hire.

It would be unfair to call Jason a bad hire as he's good at producing. It's only as staff changes has forced him into content he's been a bad addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom