• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonka

The amount of Ben isnt an issue. His personality is.

Abby could be in everything and it would be great.

Ben is GB's first bad hire.

It would be unfair to call Jason a bad hire as he's good at producing. It's only as staff changes has forced him into content he's been a bad addition.

hahahahahaha

it's like saying actor x is bad, look at how crap this is, when it's the direction and writing and all this other stuff that needs to come together.

It hasn't gone as well in SF as we'd have liked with new people, but don't pretend Jason hasn't been making mistakes.

I like Ben, I don't think he was a bad hire, but just not what was needed without the existing team picking up the slack

pizzacat

Banned

It would be unfair to call Jason a bad hire as he's good at producing. It's only as staff changes has forced him into content he's been a bad addition.
What can ben do to fix this?

What can ben do to fix this?
Quit?

I dunno. I dont like him, It's not his fault. He's a nice dude and tries hard. I just don't find him funny, interesting or even tolerable sometimes.

But until West hire at least another editor I think that coast is kinda in a no win situation.

you're a bad hire

Catvoca

Banned
did we get to another "criticism/empty praise/complaints about complaints" phase already

I think we did
tumblr_mo9rchtlIA1svus96o1_250.gif

Mr. F

Banned
Ben is fine, West chemistry has always been weird since Vinny left. He's at least willing to play into Jeff's jokes and is a good bridge of knowledge between the more niche genres and communities that the rest of the staff aren't as tuned into.

Also, reposting since it looks like a decent number of GB Gaf is playing Splatoon. If anyone wants to struggle through the invite system and play together;

SW-6568-4690-6012
(Felipe)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Not really that weird, you make the lower pay grade do the grunt work.

and give him opportunities to build muscle on talking over games he's playing for the camera. Ben has gotten markedly more comfortable on screen and Im willing to bet the quicklooks are a big part of that.

hamchan

When Abby first joined I thought she was like Vinny. Then as time went on I realised she's a lot like Dan too.

So now you have some super combo Vinny + Dan person vs Ben. That's a rough battle.

Ashby

I feel if Ben had millenials to bounce off of he would be alot better. Unfortunately all the millenials are in east.

Yeah, he was great with Abby and Dan during E3. Dan was high energy enough to counter-act Jeff and Brad's Statler and Waldorf act but that doesn't seem in the cards for Ben.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, he was great with Abby and Dan during E3. Dan was high energy enough to counter-act Jeff and Brad's Statler and Waldorf act but that doesn't seem in the cards for Ben.

You should listen to when he first joined in on the Bombcast.

He barely usually speak up unless he's taking about his game or his crazy stories.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What's everyone's favorite GB(E) adventure/horror plays? Can't get enough. Abby & Vinny playing RE7 was terrific, and I'd love to see more like that.

Just finished Tender Loving Care... that was pretty good.

loved:
Contradiction
Until Dawn
Life is Strange

on deck:
Phantasmagoria 1 & 2

Ahhh home from work, time to check in with my favorite community and see how things are going...

uhgfgidue3.gif

Every thread huh.

Sure, I enjoy Abby more than Ben but Ben and Jeff's (chimes from Brad) sandwich talk was hilarious to me. Maybe I'm just a simpleton but dammit, Ben lands his comedy sometimes.

He's not everyone's cup of tea but dammit, the kid tries.

oti

Banned
What's everyone's favorite GB(E) adventure/horror plays? Can't get enough. Abby & Vinny playing RE7 was terrific, and I'd love to see more like that.

Just finished Tender Loving Care... that was pretty good.

loved:
Contradiction
Until Dawn
Life is Strange

on deck:
Phantasmagoria 1 & 2

Only one I haven't watched is Contradiction.

Watched Until Dawn last winter when I couldn't sleep at like three in the morning. Great watch!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also god i know some of you guys don't like gbwest and been and that's fine.

But we get it already.

Like montybrown do you actually post anything in this thread other than to be aggressive when gbwest content comes out.

Mintyice do you do anything other than to be passive aggressive.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Only one I haven't watched is Contradiction.

Watched Until Dawn last winter when I couldn't sleep at like three in the morning. Great watch!

any good ones i missed?

UD is my favorite, but you should def check out Contradiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom