• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed! I wanna make him play some shitty old survival horror game like I always used to do at Game Informer. For those that haven't seen those, the best were Overblood, Illbleed, Blue Stinger, Cyberia, and shit like that. Does anyone have any suggestions for a game along those lines (survival horror/adventure/shitty FMV or voice acting) that I can easily download on Steam? I'm leaning towards BlackSoul, which is along those lines. If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

Have a heart and let him play some Sonic...

ogqAf44.png

Ok... SUPERHOT is really fun. You really feel like a fucking badass action film star kicking ass.

It's SO GOOD. I am almost 100 minutes into the "campaign" and holy shit is it good. The mechanics are awesome and the story stuff is a lot of whacky fun. This is a good fucking video game.

Pegging a dude in the face with my empty gun, snatching his fully loaded one out of midair and then blowing him away is the most fucking awesome thing a game has let me do in years.

bigkrev

I'm at what I have to assume is the final stage of Superhot, and I've been stuck for 45 minutes on it.

I'm tearing my hair out

justjim89

I know Jeff doesn't watch Raw, let alone Smackdown, but he really ought to check out the end to this week's main event. New Day vs. Jericho, Henry, and AJ Styles. As a guy that wants to see Xavier wrestle more and wants AJ to be able to do his thing and not have to hold back, I think he'd appreciate how well Xavier and Styles worked together. It was only for a minute or two, but it was a good fast pace that Styles hasn't quite got to show off yet in WWE. Woods kept up really well with him and got hi own stuff in, too. Xavier is such a good talker, he makes you forget he's no slouch in the ring.

Megasoum

Banned
Btw is it me or was Jeff's menu in the Superhot quicklook different from the retail game? His "Settings" was a file and not a folder and he had a level select option which I don't have in my game.

daydream

Banned
Btw is it me or was Jeff's menu in the Superhot quicklook different from the retail game? His "Settings" was a file and not a folder and he had a level select option which I don't have in my game.

they've already pushed two (small) updates since release so it's possible?

the game's icon in the update queue still says 'backer beta version', too, so that definitely needs updating

edit: actually, let's not do this. game is rad but you knew that

Megasoum

Banned
Wait.... SUPERHOT spoiler...

So I got to the point where I had to quit the game and then when I restarted it the memory is corrupted.... Ok this by itself is kinda cool BUT... My game updated in Steam (like an actual steam update) before I could restart it.

Please tell me that this was just a coincidence that the game needed an update and not an actual game feature where the game faked a Steam patch to stay "in character"?

If that's the case... holy shit...

Indeed! I wanna make him play some shitty old survival horror game like I always used to do at Game Informer. For those that haven't seen those, the best were Overblood, Illbleed, Blue Stinger, Cyberia, and shit like that. Does anyone have any suggestions for a game along those lines (survival horror/adventure/shitty FMV or voice acting) that I can easily download on Steam? I'm leaning towards BlackSoul, which is along those lines. If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

The Illbleed Super Replay may be my favorite feature you guys have ever done.

If you want a Super Replay-tier game for him to play, you may want to check out The Note, a PAL-only PSX survival horror game (there's another shitty horror game of the same name on Steam, but that's different). The voice acting is *so* good.

Wait.... SUPERHOT spoiler...

So I got to the point where I had to quit the game and then when I restarted it the memory is corrupted.... Ok this by itself is kinda cool BUT... My game updated in Steam (like an actual steam update) before I could restart it.

Please tell me that this was just a coincidence that the game needed an update and not an actual game feature where the game faked a Steam patch to stay "in character"?

If that's the case... holy shit...

I really hope that's the most clever anti-piracy technique ever.

daydream

Banned
when you dodge that truck and (superhot spoiler)
nail all three guys with a single burst of machine gun fire

also, the katana. MAN

Alfredo

Danganronpa was inspired by Illbleed, and it just came out on Steam! ...except it's not really a horror game and would probably make for a very boring UPF game and you would probably hate it. :)

The simple combo of punching a guy, grabbing his gun in mid air and immediatly shoot him in the face will NEVER GET OLD.

Yep. But I think I am even more fond of grabbing the gun, shooting someone else, grabbing their gun, shooting another person, and repeating. It's so much fun.

25241383986_acda53e71f_o.gif

Only negative for me is the price, $25 is alright, maybe, but $35 CAD is too high of a base price I think.

Rainmaker

Banned
I know Jeff doesn't watch Raw, let alone Smackdown, but he really ought to check out the end to this week's main event. New Day vs. Jericho, Henry, and AJ Styles. As a guy that wants to see Xavier wrestle more and wants AJ to be able to do his thing and not have to hold back, I think he'd appreciate how well Xavier and Styles worked together. It was only for a minute or two, but it was a good fast pace that Styles hasn't quite got to show off yet in WWE. Woods kept up really well with him and got hi own stuff in, too. Xavier is such a good talker, he makes you forget he's no slouch in the ring.

Styles and Xavier do have some great chemistry.

frostyxc

The best survival horror game is Google Image Search. A guy just wants to search for waffle recipes, and what does he get? Some gol darned blue stuff from some tree, or something!

Megasoum

Banned
Yep. But I think I am even more fond of grabbing the gun, shooting someone else, grabbing their gun, shooting another person, and repeating. It's so much fun.

25241383986_acda53e71f_o.gif

Only negative for me is the price, $25 is alright, maybe, but $35 CAD is too high of a base price I think.

That's why I'm super happy I ended up paying 12$ CAN for it but after playing all night, I think I wouldn't have minded paying 31$ after all.

That's why I'm super happy I ended up paying 12$ CAN for it but after playing all night, I think I wouldn't have minded paying 31$ after all.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if in another couple of days I feel totally fine with the asking price. Only done the campaign and a bit of katana only. I don't really ever get buyers remorse regarding a game and it's price, but the $35 regular price definitely makes it a little harder to recommend to a few friends who are (wisely) safer with their money than myself.

Still though, what a damn cool game. This year has been off to a heck of a start.

yami4ct

If (when) the new pokemon games tomorrow are X2 and Y2, the salt in the Pokemon threads is going to be legendary. This is going to be a fun one.

Superhot talk
http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann

Says it is a bit pricey but game is cool.

Yeah, I'm not sure the price is worth it for me personally. I've played the prototype game they released a while back. The game's appeal for me is the whole walking makes time progress thing and the prototype offers that. Sure, the full game has more, but I'm not sure I'm interested in all that extra content they added. I feel like I could get frustrated with the hacking puzzles or whatever they added.

Lijik

If you want a Super Replay-tier game for him to play, you may want to check out The Note, a PAL-only PSX survival horror game (there's another shitty horror game of the same name on Steam, but that's different). The voice acting is *so* good.

I tried this out last Halloween and the eyelid health system was actually kinda cool
The rest of the game is textbook super replay horror game stuff, itd be a good choice if there was an easy way to play it.

yami4ct

I assume MGScanlon 5 is dead.

They said they would find the critical path to finish that game and do it. Just because it's a longer break between episodes doesn't mean it's gone. At this point, it'll take 1-3 episodes at most. After 4 games and most of a 5th, might as well finish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom