• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-a-aaah, you bought it, Incandenza!

What's your steam?

Link is in my profile, but I actually bought it through GoG. There's no achievements in that version but apparently I did the NO_BACKUP achievement without even trying :p. Haven't gotten the hang of backup registers yet.

TraBuch

Banned
Same. When Vinny left for NY he basically left GB for me. I don't care for Alex or Austin so I avoid probably 98% of whatever Beast puts out. I'm stuck watching Vinny QL's from the past if I want any Vinny at all.

I will say that Vinny has unmatched chemistry with Jeff and I really miss it.

Meneses

Same. When Vinny left for NY he basically left GB for me. I don't care for Alex or Austin so I avoid probably 98% of whatever Beast puts out. I'm stuck watching Vinny QL's from the past if I want any Vinny at all.

While I kinda shared your opinion at first, the Beastcrew has actually grown on me, especially with Special Guest Geoffroy Bakalao involved.

But I really miss Vinny's chemistry with the West gang, especially Jeff.

KingKong

While I kinda shared your opinion at first, the Beastcrew has actually grown on me, especially with Special Guest Geoffroy Bakalao involved.

But I really miss Vinny's chemistry with the West gang, especially Jeff.

yeah obviously we can't do anything about it but for me both the West and East aren't as good as it was without the Jeff and Vinny connection

I love the GBeast team. Vinny is Vinny, Alex is the best twitter user of all GB members, Austin has an amazing podcast and has done a lot to inspire me to be more thoughtful about games and the people in the industry.

kvk1

I feel like there were too many strong personalities in one office while everyone was in the West coast, and not everyone got to shine through because of that.

For instance Alex feels like an entirely new on camera/podcast personality within their current dynamic in GB East. He is infinitely livelier, sharper, funnier, and all that jazz.

I don't know, just my personal observations/feelings.

Doop

I think that Vinny being on the East coast doesn't make the West coast worse, just different. It certainly makes E3 and Game of the Year a lot more special when they all get together.

omgkitty

I love the GBeast team. Vinny is Vinny, Alex is the best twitter user of all GB members, Austin has an amazing podcast and has done a lot to inspire me to be more thoughtful about games and the people in the industry.

I love Austin but I can't follow him on Twitter. Have followed and unfollowed him several times. Find it funny he's even mentioned on the podcast how he understands if people don't want to follow him on Twitter.

I feel like there were too many strong personalities in one office while everyone was in the West coast, and not everyone got to shine through because of that.

For instance Alex feels like an entirely new on camera/podcast personality within their current dynamic in GB East. He is infinitely livelier, sharper, funnier, and all that jazz.

I don't know, just my personal observations/feelings.

Yeah, I completely agree. My only complaint is I want more opportunity for Vinny to antagonize. Too many of Beast's features right now are Vinny steering. We need more than just QL's driven by the others.

Bowlie

Banned
Link is in my profile, but I actually bought it through GoG. There's no achievements in that version but apparently I did the NO_BACKUP achievement without even trying :p. Haven't gotten the hang of backup registers yet.

added you! this game is amazing, I've yet to finish it.

edit: booo, the gog version doesn't have leaderboards either. At least you don't have to be ashamed by your cycles; the OT here is full of people with better scores than me.

State of the Giant Bomb Union.

hqdefault.jpg

Agreed completely, I think they have great chemistry and they consistently produce some of my favorite content currently on GB.

Watching the Game Tapes video finally and all I can think about is figuring out what Fast and Furious movie this song was in. Can't find it but for some reason I associate this song with fast and furious.

I miss Dave. Was watching that Daggerfall video recently and theyre both on fire.

I need to find more stuff Dave's been on. I've watched random pc and Dave Fortress and I think that was about it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Can someone explain to me the purpose of the cracked floor spots in lttp Dungeon 4? It's an absolutely baffling design decision than all but 1 of them do nothing when you interact with them.

This game really feels like it was designed wanting you to waste as much time doing nothing as it possibly could.

added you! this game is amazing, I've yet to finish it.

edit: booo, the gog version doesn't have leaderboards either. At least you don't have to be ashamed by your cycles; the OT here is full of people with better scores than me.
It at least has general Internet metrics so I can get a sense of where I am in the pack. Competing with myself is difficult enough!

Scizzy

They should all put their personal lives aside and randomly rotate everyone between both coasts every six months. Wouldn't it be awesome to see how, say, Jeff/Vinny/Alex/Jason and Brad/Austin/Drew/Dan would interact? I don't see why it would be a big deal to switch coasts for a few months - Dan could take care of Vinny's kids for him while he's back in SF, for example.

KingKong

They should all put their personal lives aside and randomly rotate everyone between both coasts every six months. Wouldn't it be awesome to see how, say, Jeff/Vinny/Alex/Jason and Brad/Austin/Drew/Dan would interact? I don't see why it would be a big deal to switch coasts for a few months - Dan could take care of Vinny's kids for him while he's back in SF, for example.

better yet, have them all live in one big house thats filmed 24/7 Real World style. Think about how much time they'd save not having to start and stop recording videos

omgkitty

better yet, have them all live in one big house thats filmed 24/7 Real World style. Think about how much time they'd save not having to start and stop recording videos

This is the true story... of nine strangers... picked to live in a house...work together and have their lives taped... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom