• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Well there goes Kotaku. Not a fan of Gawker, but HH is a piece of shit, so seeing him win a bunch of money for fucking another guys wife and spouting a bunch of racist nonsense is awful.

Patryn

Holy shit. The $115 million is just compensatory. Punitive amount to be determined next week.

Gawker is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

I can't decide if this segregation is funny or not

GaCKKNs.png

justjim89

The Rockband thing is fucked up, though. Dan could've legit got someone fired. Jesus Christ.

I kinda wanna see Drake punch out Dan, now.

Patryn

Ok, turns out the escrow requirement only goes up to $50 million, so they'll have to put that amount in escrow, but not the full $115 million.

But if Gawker doesn't win their appeal, their future is in serious doubt.

Drake's mostly right about Dan, but I think he's going a bit too far here. As much as I would have loved if more GNR came to Rock Band, it really didn't have a significant impact on Harmonix in the long run. With that said, Dan should probably be more apologetic.

Phionoxx

Denton's networth is estimated at ~ 320M according to google.

"About Nick Denton. British journalist and internet entrepreneur, Nick Denton, has an estimated net worth of $320 Million. Denton is the founder and proprietor of the blog collective Gawker Media"

So maybe they can still pull through? Curious to see what the fallout will be for this.

Patryn

Denton's networth is estimated at ~ 320M according to google.

"About Nick Denton. British journalist and internet entrepreneur, Nick Denton, has an estimated net worth of $320 Million. Denton is the founder and proprietor of the blog collective Gawker Media"

So maybe they can still pull through? Curious to see what the fallout will be for this.

Most of his net worth is probably tied up in Gawker and not liquid.

But they did just get a minor investor in Gawker, so it's entirely possible they were secretly raising that escrow money and are pinning their hopes on appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom