• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Man, that Rock Band GNR story. Dan used to be an even bigger asshole. It's kind of a miracle he still broke into the industry after that.

justjim89

Man, that Rock Band GNR story. Dan used to be an even bigger asshole. It's kind of a miracle he still broke into the industry after that.

For real. Chalk it up to his incredible luck, because a less fortunate person would be unemployed and paying out legal fees for the rest of his life.

Lijik

when i got propositioned to try an ecig in a mall ten years ago and declined, i never thought it would lead to this vape future

yami4ct

People cheering the potential closure of Kotaku and people losing their jobs in that Gawker trial thread is real, real gross. Like, Gawker as a whole is a shitshow, but that reaction seems misplaced.

For real. Chalk it up to his incredible luck, because a less fortunate person would be unemployed and paying out legal fees for the rest of his life.

I think the worst that would happen would've been the ban from major industry events. That could've totally happened and would've been 100% justified.

Zaph

kyAgXJp.png

yami4ct

It's kinda funny because nobody did lose their job, but it's super fucked because of how easily someone could have.

Pranks that really fuck with the lives with others really aren't fun in my book. It wasn't mean spirited in intent, obviously, but in execution it was a horrible thing to do.

yami4ct

I assume Kotaku will be one of the blogs that lands on its feet somehow. Either Gawker makes it out somehow, sells them or they get shuttered and someone creates a new blog from the ashes. Must be horrible with the uncertainty, though. I feel for those people screwed by this. Hopefully their next employer aren's human piles of garbage.

People take shit too seriously. I'm sure if it would have went bad Dan would feel sifferently. 8 years later it's pretty easy to look at it as funny.

An asshole thing to do is still an asshole thing to do even if you're lucky and avoid the consequences.

daydream

Banned
i mean, i don't know what was going on at harmonix at the time but it seems illogical to me that there was ever a serious chance of a firing. like, no harmonix employee actually did anything wrong in that whole affair (or anything, period), it was entirely on dan and his friend. what would even be the reasoning for the layoff?

yami4ct

i mean, i don't know what was going on at harmonix at the time but it seems illogical to me that there was ever a serious chance of a firing. like, no harmonix employee actually did anything wrong in that whole affair (or anything, period), it was entirely on dan and his friend. what would even be the reasoning for the layoff?

If relationships with talent go sour, for whatever reason, the people in charge of maintaining those relationships are often on the chopping block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom