• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm a big Musou apologist and Arslan looks pretty fucking dull

Where's Orochi 4

In comparison to One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, which I've been addicted to for the past 3 months, the Arslan game looks drab in comparison. I played the demo they put out for a few weeks ago and just wasn't feeling it - might check it out when it hits 30 bucks or lower.

Lingitiz

That puzzle was unbelievable. How are you supposed to figure that out on your own?

What a trash game but it was fun as hell to watch.

Xater

Wasn't this some lovely nonsense? I wonder if anyone in the writing process knew what they were doing with this game.

Wasn't this some lovely nonsense? I wonder if anyone in the writing process knew what they were doing with this game.

I feel like all those 90's FMV games had fine, coherent games planned in their the devs' heads, before the harsh realities of budgets and deadlines reared their head. Resulting in puzzles of flesh.

Xater

Haha the Wikipedia synopsis of the plot is great, because whoever wrote it doesn't even know how this is possible:

Jocelyn suddenly appears revealing that (somehow) she knows the truth and that she loves him.

I feel like all those 90's FMV games had fine, coherent games planned in their the devs' heads, before the harsh realities of budgets and deadlines reared their head. Resulting in puzzles of flesh.

I mean in hindsight the first Phantasmagoria isn't great but at least it was somewhat coherent and had a real ending. This was just some horseshit. Roberta Williams didn't write this one, so I'm just gonna go with the writer of this one being a big hack.

Xater

Man games like this just need some kind of post mortem.

Getting that closure for BioForge was important and I'd love it here as well.

justjim89

I think I'm getting kinda hyped for Doom. Like, the environments look great and give off a real Metroid Prime sorta vibe. I'm all kinds of down for an ultra-violent Metroid Prime.

KingKong

I mean in hindsight the first Phantasmagoria isn't great but at least it was somewhat coherent and had a real ending. This was just some horseshit. Roberta Williams didn't write this one, so I'm just gonna go with the writer of this one being a big hack.

Are we thinking of the same phantasmagoria, I mostly remember them wandering around a tiny village trying to avoid the weird ponytailed husband

7WTotmZ.jpg

Speaking of FMV games, Contradiction's sheer capacity for coherence and immersion impressed me the most. I really never expected that (ending aside).

Nishastra

Banned
Now they should go back and finish Burn_Cycle :p

They were like halfway through with it on the Random PC Game back in the day, and they stopped right before what is perhaps the dumbest "puzzle" I have ever seen.

popo

Jeff Bakalar, employee of Cnet, has put out more content this week than the entire GB West staff. Where is my fookin Yarnie QL boys?

Jintor

I've been awake for about, hmmm, 26 hours at this point nursing a coffee in a cafe in Osaka. I might have to meet someone here for lunch before I head home which is at least two hours away.

I should go to a net cafe and fall asleep in a booth for an hour or two... But I just drank a coffee...

Some bad decisions have been made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom