• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frith

i think they just need any crowd

they should get in one of those pro rent a crowds they have on game shows and sitcoms that know when to laugh then fill the rest out with old folks

swing a jib across them after every round

really fucking get that cbs magic working

edit: I'm serious http://www.radiolab.org/story/91588-laughter/ 24 mins in this radio lab

I'm not serious

i think they just need any crowd

they should get in one of those pro rent a crowds they have on game shows and sitcoms that know when to laugh then fill the rest out with old folks

swing a jib across them after every round

really fucking get that cbs magic working

Or just a laugh track, that could work.

def sim

Bless you Drew

ThyrcRl.png

wrapitupglltj.gif

BearPawB

Banned
Bush was the same.

Bush was never even close to the same as Trump.
Bush was an idiot, sure.

But Trump is outwardly and unabashedly a racist, sexist, hombophobic, awful human with seemingly no morals.

Bush was a guy that won because people wanted to have a beer with him. Trump is a guy that might win, seemingly because he is bringing out the dark side of half our population

Bush was an idiot, sure.

But Trump is outwardly and unabashedly a racist, sexist, hombophobic, awful human with seemingly no morals.

Bush was a guy that won because people wanted to have a beer with him. Trump is a guy that might win, seemingly because he is bringing out the dark side of half our population

Trump serves a very important purpose, he attracts all the crazy people who you don't want voting for the next president, to vote for someone who won't win.

tuxfool

Banned
Bush was an idiot, sure.

I don't know how it was inside the US, but outside both are and were viewed as caricatures. In the case of Bush it was also who was aligned with him; It isn't like the likes of Cheney or Rumsfeld weren't viewed as dangerous extremists.

hamchan

What the fuck are they doing in the GB West office, I'm serious, they haven't put out anything this week, it's ridiculous, if they were forward with the information about what is setting them back it would be cool, but they act like everything is okay.

Now just imagine how it was in the past when periods like this occurred with no GBEast to back them up.

Dark days they were.

skynidas

Banned
Now just imagine how it was in the past when periods like this occurred with no GBEast to back them up.

Dark days they were.

i've been a subscriber since day 1 so i know. it's just ridiculous that this still happens and they say absolutetly nothing. at least some post on twitter about why they haven't put out anything this week. i understand jeff but there's 4 other people there

FStop7

Banned
I thought maybe with Jeff out they would do something fun/crazy.
The site is missing some spontaneity right now.
But instead they decided to do nothing.

Not having a full xcom quicklook at this point is inexcusable.

"Inexcusable" is strong but I do think it's strange considering that this time of year is typically the video game doldrums and XCOM was the site's 2012 GOTY. You'd think there would be more enthusiasm. A live QL. Maybe a look back at the original games, including the one that Rorie's mentioned several times.

Dineren

Banned
I'm just disappointed they haven't done anything with American Truck Simulator. Although, it's close enough to ETS2 that there may not be a point to doing that.

this time of year hasn't been slow for games in a while. this is where all delayed games end up. nowadays it's the month or two before e3 that are near dead.

I'm just disappointed they haven't done anything with American Truck Simulator. Although, it's close enough to ETS2 that there may not be a point to doing that.

"more of the same" has never stopped them from doing something

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean that's the thing though, I really don't think it's a drought. Maybe there's some shit going down at west, who knows, or maybe they're being lazy fucking slobs, I don't know. But the 2 office setup is meant to eliminate lulls in content and you guys call this a lull in content? Really? This is like a regular week's worth, it's just that it's mostly east.

I mean that's the thing though, I really don't think it's a drought. Maybe there's some shit going down at west, who knows, or maybe they're being lazy fucking slobs, I don't know. But the 2 office setup is meant to eliminate lulls in content and you guys call this a lull in content? Really? This is like a regular week's worth, it's just that it's mostly east.

nah, I'm with you. though, premium content has been kind of light. or at least, not very varied. UPF, MGS, and Playdates are pretty much the extent of it. Kerbal is free and better than any of those, lol.

I'm happy they did all of Phantasmagoria 2 though. that ending.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
nah, I'm with you. though, premium content has been kind of light. or at least, not very varied. UPF, MGS, and Playdates are pretty much the extent of it. Kerbal is free and better than any of those, lol.

I'm happy they did all of Phantasmagoria 2 though. that ending.

I think that's just a problem with trying to wrap up a long running series. MGSc is kinda like an anchor around west atm. I do want them to finish it though, because I sure as hell aren't going to play it. :p

BearPawB

Banned
"Inexcusable" is strong but I do think it's strange considering that this time of year is typically the video game doldrums and XCOM was the site's 2012 GOTY. You'd think there would be more enthusiasm. A live QL. Maybe a look back at the original games, including the one that Rorie's mentioned several times.

Yeah, I was being a little dramatic.
But it is one of the biggest games so far this year. And there has been almost nothing.
Dan hasn't finished his review.
No real quick look.
Every other site had their review up weeks ago (i understand they got their copy late? but then jeff said he had it at his home like 2 weeks before release, but then he has important stuff going on personally).

Xcom 2 is a major game, and a majorly good one. It is superrrrrrrrrrrr weird to not cover one of the biggest releases of the year on the site in some form.

Did Jeff get married?

Never thought I'd spend two hours watching 3 people watch a space ship to in a circle for 2 hours

Aftering the previous ep's ending, it couldn't really go down any other way.

Project BEAST continually surprises me, with how utterly engaging it is. Just a fun series all around.

Man, being from outside the US I find it so baffling that Trump is an actual candidate with, apparently, a lot of serious support.

It seems like a caricature, like something out of Team America.

I was at his victory rally in New Hampshire and it was pretty demoralizing

I find that QL's are usually the weakest content anyway - just me?

I look forward to basically anything else more.

They can be a hit or mix for me personally, really dependent on the team dynamic and the game in question. Austin's Mech-A-Looks are often the ones I enjoy cause of his enthusiasm mix with the rest of the Beastcrew. Plus the games were pretty alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom