• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
I thought maybe with Jeff out they would do something fun/crazy.
The site is missing some spontaneity right now.
But instead they decided to do nothing.

Not having a full xcom quicklook at this point is inexcusable.

Not having a full xcom quicklook at this point is inexcusable.

Shit, I just realized there wasn't a proper one. How strange, given how excited ALL of them were for it. Part of me feels compelled to use it as yet another reason QL EXs are bad, but I really shouldn't assume it was a factor here.

popo

I was joking. I don't really think they are slacking. I am sure they are all working hard - but whatever bullshit they are dealing with - a bored kid mashing on F5 hoping for something new to watch has zero sympathy.

I mean we know that Dan has been bashing his head against xcom for a week. Can't be much fun for the guy having to play the game under those conditions. All for a review of a game that has been out for a week.

Did any of them play Yarnie?

Alex just commented on it. Said he wasn't feeling it. I thought if anyone would go for it, it would be him.

strafer

Bless you Drew

ThyrcRl.png

BearPawB

Banned
Ugh, bummed that Heather Alexander is getting bombarded by gender questions because of the article on GB.

GB has a long history of guests of all sorts of genders and sexuality, that at this point I really thought as a community we would get past this sort of shit.

But there always seems to be those people in the chat/comments no matter what.
Just sorta bums me out.,

*edit, she responded to me, apparently it wasnt us! hooray!

But there always seems to be those people in the chat/comments no matter what.
Just sorta bums me out

That's life man. Especially as the internet becomes more ubiquitous. I'm living in an area where just about every person thinks Obama is literally Satan and I just have to deal with it. Three neighbors have Trump signs.

popo

This might be worth a listen in the mean time. Although I have found his podcast to be a bit hard to get in to in the past.

https://match3.simplecast.fm/episod...his-one?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We discuss our history with piracy and what it means to steal art before breaking down how Beyonce made (some) crotchety white people uncomfortable this week.

I mean my subscription is still through the year but lately I'm feeling kinda ripped off.

I feel the sub stuff doesn't seem that bad. Still get UPF. Had a Wednesday show this week and last. MGS on Monday (even if that is not your thing).

They are usually good about getting a QL for games by day of launch at the latest though. Maybe they have tech issues, who knows?

Did the new version of The Lobby go up as a podcast anywhere? I thought Danny said it would be.

Not yet.

Meneses

Man, being from outside the US I find it so baffling that Trump is an actual candidate with, apparently, a lot of serious support.

It seems like a caricature, like something out of Team America.

Man, being from outside the US I find it so baffling that Trump is an actual candidate with, apparently, a lot of serious support.

It seems like a caricature, like something out of Team America.

"Serious" is a little strong. I mean people seem to like him for some reason, but the RNC would never actually nominate him as a frontrunner. He's too radical, completely alienates the middle ground where the votes are important.

skynidas

Banned
What the fuck are they doing in the GB West office, I'm serious, they haven't put out anything this week, it's ridiculous, if they were forward with the information about what is setting them back it would be cool, but they act like everything is okay.

What the fuck are they doing in the GB West office, I'm serious, they haven't put out anything this week, it's ridiculous, if they were forward with the information about what is setting them back it would be cool, but they act like everything is okay.

Super Bowl City isn't going to disassemble itself.

Dan's been trying to finish up X-Com 2 so that he could review it and do a QL. With Jeff out, Brad's probably having to take care of all the day-to-day stuff that he would normally do. Jason and Drew work so hard that they deserve a break, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was something else they were working on behind the scenes that we didn't know about.

repeater

Bless you Drew

ThyrcRl.png
If everyone would just aspire to be a little bit more like Drew Scanlon, the world would be a much better place.

I wonder if there's any chance that -- once Drew has finished MGS5 and had some well deserved time off from all things Kojima -- would sit down with Dan for a brief podcast or video thing where they discussed the MGS series as a whole and Drew's experiences with its ups and downs. I like hearing him reason about stuff, and it's just been such a long crazy ride.

Myggen

It's going to be okay.

Also they've out out a QL, MGSV and a Bombcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom