• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Isn't Patrick out of town at some undisclosed location this weekend as well?

Regardless, I'm just curious if we'll get special guests on UPF or will it be a skeleton crew?

kvk1

Me too! Wait, how long have we been Steam friends? I have no recollection of ever adding anyone from GAF.

Oh right, of course! For some reason I thought it was a different developer, but now that notion seems ridiculous. I'll probably get it once I have my Rift.

I have about 50 hours in ETS2. 10-20 of which was in the DK2. They're great VR games.

Megasoum

Banned
I kinda want to buy American Truck Simulator too but 30$ CAD is just bullshit.

I miss the good old days of TF2 chest keys trading and Dunder's store.

So if Jeff really is getting married this weekend (and most people get married on a Saturday), who is actually going to be at UPF? It seems like it could either be a stacked show or bare bones.

Edit: Basically what Patryn said.

Fjolle

Isn't Patrick out of town at some undisclosed location this weekend as well?

Yea. I'm not 100% sure but i think i heard Vinny mentioning that he and Alex were on the west coast this weekend. And Lang for sure is in SF.

Anyway. We'll probably find out some time. This speculation is kinda making me feel like a creep.

strafer

So if Jeff really is getting married this weekend (and most people get married on a Saturday), who is actually going to be at UPF? It seems like it could either be a stacked show or bare bones.

Edit: Basically what Patryn said.

Mary and Rorie looking at puppie pictures.

def sim

With everyone sneakily flying across the country, maybe Paul will be on the couch.

Could the big sexy himself show up?

TqjSUQt.jpg

oti

Banned
Whats this I hear about Dan and Jeff getting married tomorrow

... I will find a way to implement this into my
erotic
fanfiction somehow

this will be the next lord of the Rings you guys

so what are we feeling as music while they are going down the aisle? Guiles Theme or Taco Bell Ad jingle?

Meneses

Yeah, not digging Firewatch at all.

Voice acting is bad and dialogue feels awkward.

This also did nothing to enlighten me on what this game actually is, and I have no desire to find out more.

oti

Banned
Yeah, not digging Firewatch at all.

Voice acting is bad and dialogue feels awkward.

This also did nothing to enlighten me on what this game actually is, and I have no desire to find out more.

I think The Witness will really hurt this game. Witness is this very approachable and engaging thing with beautiful graphics and cool puzzles. Firewatch is just as beautiful but a very passive experience. And if you don't dig the writing/humour... So shortly after Witness people will think this is "too thin".

I'm more interested to see what the mystery of Firewatch is. Running into a dude that just shines a flashlight in your face is weird lady, don't matter if it's outdoors!

Catvoca

Banned
I think The Witness will really hurt this game. Witness is this very approachable and engaging thing with beautiful graphics and cool puzzles. Firewatch is just as beautiful but a very passive experience. And if you don't dig the writing/humour... So shirtly after Witness people will think this is "too thin".

They're going for vastly different things though, The Witness is mostly about solving puzzle after puzzle whereas Firewatch is all about telling a story. Other then the visual style, the fact they are indie games, and that they have released near each other, there isn't actually that much in common.

oti

Banned
They're going for vastly different things though, The Witness is mostly about solving puzzle after puzzle whereas Firewatch is all about telling a story. Other then the visual style, the fact they are indie games, and that they have released near each other, there isn't actually that much in common.

I know. But I don't think that the "The Witness moment" is over yet.

Xater

What's the problem with the writing and voice acting of Firewatch? I thought it was very well done.

I finished the Witness today and could not be more underwhelmed. I almost didn't finish it because I didn't enjoy it much, but kept going because of some of the talk on GB. I have no idea how anyone can come away impressed with how this game closes out.

Meneses

My guess is that the lady is not actually your boss or even working for the park.

Firewatch's main character
is probably not even working there, he's just a drunk / drug addict who ended up in a tower and is hallucinating the whole experience and the lady is in his head

Dineren

Banned
I'm still looking forward to Firewatch. I didn't think the voice acting was bad at all and I'm always up for a mystery.

I ended up taking a break from the Witness because while I had fun for the most part, I wasn't really interested in the island at all and didn't really enjoy the puzzles enough to keep up the momentum. I guess I'm one of the crazies who still prefers Myst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom