• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
are we having a fashion-off in here cause I'm telling you I'm THE least fashionable person lol plus being colour blind makes my ensembles of maybe brown maybe red fashion extra special

So Miitomo is fun I take it? I should try it out.

I think half this thread already follows me so I won't link my twitter, I'll just say Miitomo is very very good

Ce6LZ1SWQAA2iFL.jpg:large

Instead of just posting Twitter accounts, what about using a hashtag so we can just search on that and add, add, add.

I propose #giantbombgaf because I'm witty.

Looks like Polygon got a Vive today/yesterday, wonder if GB has too. Embargo is apparently up on Tuesday

If Valve/HTC were smart, and confident in their product, they would make sure GB gets one in time. A positive GB livestream will be great for them, especially since people know that GB is very experienced with the competition.

If Valve/HTC were smart, and confident in their product, they would make sure GB gets one in time. A positive GB livestream will be great for them, especially since people know that GB is very experienced with the competition.

Obviously we are more exposed but I didn't notice much in depth launch day Oculus stuff apart from GB.

repeater

Man, it's a shame the Bombcast is Tuesdays, I wanna hear some HOT TAKES and Reactions™ from the crew in response to SquareEnix living in a magical fantasy land of sales.
Guys if some of the weird shit around the Oculus Rift launch turn out to be true, there's going to be a expose about it a few years from now.
What's this weird shit?

Oh I guess for this twitter thing you can follow me at twitter.com/breezylimbo

I usually just reply to people and don't actually tweet about my toilet

Ok here's a brief summary of the recent events:

Palmer has been nearly silent since the launch. The Oculus twitter account has tweeted nothing but retweets of press reviews and shit. Pre-orders have finally started shipping yesterday and today, but the units shipped are up to those that ordered in the first minute (and not even all of them).

There are two anonymous Reddit posters making claims. One of them is saying the manufacturer put the wrong lenses in the headsets, rendering the entire stockpile unshippable. There is an issue with the lenses of the early KS headsets that were shipped, but I don't believe this guy.

The other Redditor is claiming there is an issue with a "partner", likely the payment processing company. I kind of believe this guy because he has made multiple predictions (claimed as fact) before things happen, and they've been very accurate.

[EDIT] To clarify, the fresnel lenses on the earliest CV1 units have a "glare" effect that is a known problem with fresnel lenses. It's unknown if the later-shipped Rifts have this issue or not. If they do, it invalidates the guy's claims.

[EDIT2] Oh! And the Rifts were supposed to ship with multiple faceplates to better accommodate glasses-wearers. It only comes with 1. I don't necessarily think this was a mess-up, but more likely a decision that was made and never communicated.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Guys if some of the weird shit around the Beastcast turn out to be true, there's going to be a expose about it a few years from now.

edit: oh wait is that it? Just sounds like your regular manufacturing fuck up from people who aren't used to shipping hardware.

Hardly writing expose level.

popo

No Jeff, Dan or Danny tomorrow. Gonna have to sub in some ringers for UPF.

Also.

Did Gamespot have a meeting and decided they wanted a cut of that podcast ad money?

They went from not being able hold down one consistent podcast for several years and now in the space of a month they have like four.

Super niche ones too. They want to be the new 1up or something?

> Audio ripped from The Lobby.

> Japan and RPG.

> Horror games and movies.

> Ranking every game ever made (not just the fighters).

Lets all bet on which one will be cancelled first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom