• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching some WCW PPVs and there were some duuuuumb gimmicks back then. A white guy is a supposed Japanese assassin with a mask over his face named Super Invader, a guy named Oz managed by a guy named The Great Wizard, a guy named Arachnaman that was literally just a purple and yellow Spider Man, the infamous Dungeon of Doom and Glacier..

This is exactly the shit I want out of wrestling. As dumb and anime IRL as possible.

kanuuna

What's a good Windows desktop app for listening lenghty podcasts like the ones offered by GB? I currently use Spotify (resumes from where it was last left off so long as you don't play anything between pauses), but it hardly seems like the most convenient option. Is there something that's better suited for longer stuff, something akin to Audible?

Say what you want about Marie Rose but at least she's bringing in some body (
breast size
) diversity in the game.

Yeah, I think when you pair her being under 5 foot tall with that specific diversity it's pretty clear whilst she's so popular amongst the explicit anime game audience. I'm shocked that they didn't make her a 5000 year old vampire.

Frith

What's a good Windows desktop app for listening lenghty podcasts like the ones offered by GB? I currently use Spotify (resumes from where it was last left off so long as you don't play anything between pauses), but it hardly seems like the most convenient option. Is there something that's better suited for longer stuff, something akin to Audible?

i tunes is actually fine if your just using it for podcasts

just don't let be your default player for audio files

you also get to do reviews and all that jazz that every podcast bar the bombcast begs for

cue a million people saying its shit

but its fine if your not trying to pass your whole life through it

You can log into PocketCasts on a web browser and it syncs saved position between that and any mobile devices you also use it on. Not free though.

Ken

Yeah, I think when you pair her being under 5 foot tall with that specific diversity it's pretty clear whilst she's so popular amongst the explicit anime game audience. I'm shocked that they didn't make her a 5000 year old vampire.

Nyotengu used the 5000 year old vampire card already.

yami4ct

does it do anything? I read the description, was confused, closed the app store

I'm of the understanding that it's a communication app that just uses Miis as its avatar. I'm actually not sure completely how it works. I know you get new outfits for your Miis from surveys, log in bonuses and you can use real money. I also know there's a 'take photos of your mii in AR' aspect, but I'm not sure how the chat aspect works. I know it's in there and is the actual main focus.

does it do anything? I read the description, was confused, closed the app store

The only worth while thing about it is that it acts like a club nintendo of sorts but without buying games. Instead you collect game tickets, ask/answer questions with your friends.etc

I don't know the full extent of it but apparently you could get discounts/full games through this thing. Don't know how though, they need to update the app to make you accept all friend requests in one button and an option to add people who don't have Facebook or Twitter. I had to make a Twitter account just so I could link it and add people. You could only add people you follow and they follow you. It isn't a one way thing.

Volotaire

The only worth while thing about it is that it acts like a club nintendo of sorts but without buying games. Instead you collect game tickets, ask/answer questions with your friends.etc

I don't know the full extent of it but apparent you could get discounts/full games through this thing. Don't know how though, they need to update the app to make you accept all friend requests and an option to add people who don't have Facebook or Twitter. I had to make a Twitter account just so I could link it and add people. You could only add people you follow and they follow you. It isn't a one way thing.

I agree that the way you add friends is a weak aspect. There should be an option to search for Nintendo Accounts. Although it does 'pick up' mutual friends that you can add/request, it isn't fully fledged out.

Myggen

From the comments of the DOAX3 QL.

2838650-dead_or_alive_snap.jpg

yami4ct

so basically it sounds as dumb as I thought it was.

still should be interesting to see what they do with it down the line

It definitely feels like an app that would find more success in the asian market than the Western one. Communication apps that have lots of weird customization make bank in Japan and China. Stuff like Line makes crazy money.

In the West, people seem more interested in media sharing than that kind of customization, so I don't see it making a dent in stuff like Snapchat and Instagram.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pedophiles are interested in prepubescent children. Marie Rose clearly isn't that.

But this thread isn't really the place for this discussion.

no it's not, and there's nothing wrong with small breasts. associating them with pedophilia is... curious.

you guys are right. she is definitely not the result of trying to cater to a notorious fetish in japan
definitely not

kanuuna

You can log into PocketCasts on a web browser and it syncs saved position between that and any mobile devices you also use it on. Not free though.

Sounds perfect. I'll grab the trial and see how it is - hopefully zero hassle with the premium versions of the podcasts.

i tunes is actually fine if your just using it for podcasts

just don't let be your default player for audio files

you also get to do reviews and all that jazz that every podcast bar the bombcast begs for

cue a million people saying its shit

but its fine if your not trying to pass your whole life through it

I guess I'll give it a shot again if this Pocket Casts thing doesn't pan out. Media key support with iTunes is a definitive plus.

you guys are right. she is definitely not the result of trying to cater to a notorious fetish in japan

definitely not

I don't really know anything about the character but if you're implying that gothic lolita is a thing for pedophiles, I suggest you actually look into it further because it's pretty much the complete opposite of that (despite the name)

it's actually a pretty interesting example of a subculture largely by and for women for their own interests. it's actually to some degree a feminist culture.

justjim89

Wolfenstein was a fiddly chore of a game. My most regrettable purchase this generation.

I... I guess I just feel sad for you, man. What a bummer it must be to not enjoy such a great combination of fun satisfying shooting, oppressive atmosphere, enjoyably human characters and a well-told story. Like, to me it's probably the best single player shooter of the last decade.

But hey, I'm the asshole who hates Witness. So maybe my tastes are fucked.

FStop7

Banned
Go back to last night. This place turned into an Allison Rapp and Final Fantasy discussion board for hours. Despite each topic having its own OT, the regular serial offenders used the GB thread as their own personal chat room. That is the kind of shit that is going to get this thread shut down.

The SBF thread got shut down because it was sweaties talking about what online girls they wanted to bang the most.

EmceeG keeps an eye on this thread and steers it when he thinks it's necessary. Don't worry about it so much.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been watching some WCW PPVs and there were some duuuuumb gimmicks back then. A white guy is a supposed Japanese assassin with a mask over his face named Super Invader, a guy named Oz managed by a guy named The Great Wizard, a guy named Arachnaman that was literally just a purple and yellow Spider Man, the infamous Dungeon of Doom and Glacier.

Shit is hilarious.

Just for fun dumb trivia, the guy named Oz was Kevin Nash and Arachnaman was one of the brothers of Road Dogg from WWF's Attitude Era. WCW in the early to mid 90s was the "best"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom