• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagyhag

Ce6o9w2WQAA4DH6.jpg:large

Hype!

Going to be a great show.

More systems need to launch so we can get more launch day streams!

Man these 2 weeks have been great.

2 launches of zany fun, (Will Dan be back? If he left yesterday....yeah he'd be back by Monday)
MGScanlon
Bunch of Quick Looks

Doop

Brad's asking for Dark Souls lore video recommendations on twitter. He's about to go down a dark rabbit hole.

A top player in Clash Royale paid $12,000 for in game purchases. He's a youtuber with 1.7 million subscribers so it's a business expense.

Still, it's crazy how much people can spend on a mobile game. Clash Royale is definitely stuck with a gross micro-transaction model, but it's supposedly making them $1.5 million a day, so it must be working.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/31/11...anked-player-has-spent-over-12000-on-the-game

eugh

Huh. Didn't realize VaatiVidya was so much more popular than EpicNameBro. ENB is much better methinks.

Insanely better. Vaati makes up so much crap, at least when it came to the Bloodborne videos. And at least ENB hasn't been caught plagiarizing.

yami4ct

Huh. Didn't realize VaatiVidya was so much more popular than EpicNameBro. ENB is much better methinks.

Wasn't one of them accused of plagiarizing content? I remember there was a stupidly large controversy in the DS video community over that.

Insanely better. Vaati makes up so much crap, at least when it came to the Bloodborne videos. And at least ENB hasn't been caught plagiarizing.

Well, there you have it.

No_Style

I hate that you need to mutual follow Twitter for Miitomo. Guess I am just going to keep my bow tie and short shorts Mii to myself.

Tubobutts

Listening to the bombcast I'm less shocked that Dan knows who B.F. Skinner is and more shocked that Brad doesn't. Brad says Skinner Box almost as much as he says Zeitgeist.

yami4ct

Listening to the bombcast I'm less shocked that Dan knows who B.F. Skinner is and more shocked that Brad doesn't. Brad says Skinner Box almost as much as he says Zeitgeist.

I was also surprised at how offended he was at the implication. Like, someone saying that is being kind of a dipshit and reductive, but they also aren't really completely long. F2P games very much use Skinner Box mentalities to keep players hooked. You can recognize that and still enjoy the game.

Dineren

Banned

How far in was that? I've got like 7 minutes left and either it's at the very end or I managed to tune it out.

Tubobutts

How far in was that? I've got like 7 minutes left and either it's at the very end or I managed to tune it out.
I'm at 1:08:34 on the non-premium and it was minute or two before that.

I rewinded just for you and it was at 1:05:00

I was also surprised at how offended he was at the implication. Like, someone saying that is being kind of a dipshit and reductive, but they also aren't really completely long. F2P games very much use Skinner Box mentalities to keep players hooked. You can recognize that and still enjoy the game.
Something something perceived slights

I hate that you need to mutual follow Twitter for Miitomo. Guess I am just going to keep my bow tie and short shorts Mii to myself.

Yeah, this kinda sucks. I wanna do Miitomo with some tumblr buddies but I don't have a twitter and don't really wanna give out my Facebook.

Rlan

The Oculus stream was great. Big hopes for the Vive one.

Am having Game Tapes / Demo Derby widthdrawls though. At this point I feel like Dan takes a week off every month!

yami4ct

I finally played the FFXV Platinum Demo, so here are some quick thoughts

-It's a real shame that there's only one true full combat encounter in this. If they wanted to keep a demo for payed people only, they should have made this more exploration focused one the paid one and Episode Duscae, which is more like the actual game, the free one. I don't think this gives a good picture of the full FFXV from a demo standpoint.
-Game looks really nice visually. There are some slight IQ issues, but those don't bug me on my big TV that I'm a bit away from. It did get a little framey in the city section during the rain, so I hope they sort that.
-What little real combat there is fun. I can see the warp strike being a fantastic quick action mechanic.
-The redesigned Carbuncle is the best. Just adorable.
-The music is absolute aces. If the OST sounds this good throughout, I hope they release some full thing I can purchase. This would be amazing background music for chores, studying, anything really.

In the end, I dug it. Don't think it's a great demo of the full thing and I wish they made Episode Duscae free, but I am still pumped to play the full thing.

Lunar FC

I saw somebody in here yesterday saying they had issues streams to chromecast via phone and were getting a credentials error. I just this now as well, anybody know what the deal is?

So I think I added way too many people from the Miitomo thread in Miitomo.

I should just delete everyone and just add the few people from here.

That thing quickly becomes way too much to handle.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm gonna guess an official PSO 2 Twitter account wouldn't have a tweet that just says "Holy shit."

Or maybe it would, iunno.

yami4ct

That has to be fake...

Did someone hack the old Sega one for April Fools? This is the strangest thing. The account very much appears to be the official real account that was being used years ago.

EDIT: Yeah, Never mind. This seems to be a semi-clever April Fools. Older posts on the account seem much more fan-y when I scrolled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom