• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan is so checked out of MGS that he didn't even correct Drew when he identified the protagonist as "Solid Snake".

Huh! I take it Vinny will be at the helm of this "alright" game.

I will never forgive you, Austin. :'(

I can finally begin the healing process after what happened to that game in GOTY.
2016's Old Game of the Year. They can still make it right.

I probably shouldn't watch this Bloodborne video... I have the game on my shelf... I'll give it a proper go one day, I swear...

Make it a race with Vinny.

repeater

I'm currently watching two Bloodborne stream series (Jeff "Black Dragon" Green's speedrunning masterclass and Videogamer UK's fantastic "A Man Who Hates Bloodborne Plays Bloodborne"), but I'll gladly take a third. It's all about the personalities.

BTW, I really enjoyed hearing Austin's thoughts on Dark Souls 3; hearing him be so excited about it (while still being as well spoken and argued as always) made me look forward more to the game.

4FDyw4h.png

Is Dan still in Dallas? If not, I wonder if he has some April Fools thing planned for UPF. I could see Dan wanting to do some prank or something.

yami4ct

Man, I can't disagree more with Austin about Dark Souls 2. I get what he's saying, but where he feels DKS2 had an understanding of what made DKS1 good, I feel the exact opposite. It feels to me like a tremendous misunderstanding of what made that game so special.

EDIT: Oh no. Not the 'Japanese doesn't have online yet' misinformation again.

Man, I can't disagree more with Austin about Dark Souls 2. I get what he's saying, but where he feels DKS2 had an understanding of what made DKS1 good, I feel the exact opposite. It feels to me like a tremendous misunderstanding of that game so special.

"There's so much variety!"...to play this mediocre game.

KingKong

Man, I can't disagree more with Austin about Dark Souls 2. I get what he's saying, but where he feels DKS2 had an understanding of what made DKS1 good, I feel the exact opposite. It feels to me like a tremendous misunderstanding of what made that game so special.

I definitely heard the point he made about the environment variety before, but imo it wasn't worth sacrificing so much world cohesion for it, not to mention how much worse the level design was

yami4ct

I definitely heard the point he made about the environment variety before, but imo it wasn't worth sacrificing so much world cohesion for it, not to mention how much worse the level design was

While the loss of world connectivity hurts the game, I think the bigger problem is the boss fights. It's not just that they're too many, but none of them feel like they were given proper development time. None of them are memorable not only because they're too easy, but because there just isn't much memorable about them. That's the biggest sin I'd say DS2 commits.

Real talk.

Remedy hasnt made a shooter that feels modern and fun to play in over a decade.

Their entire "we are awsome at shooters" thing they brag about hasnt been true since Max Payne 2 which was released in 2003

I like a lot about alan wake. The part where you are running around the woods shooting stuff (90% of the game) wasnt part of it.

While the loss of world connectivity hurts the game, I think the bigger problem is the boss fights. It's not just that they're too many, but none of them feel like they were given proper development time. None of them memorable not only because they're too easy, but because there just isn't much memorable about them. That's the biggest sin I'd say DS2 commits.

There are so many giant knights with shields. It's terrible.

it's killing me that someone seriously thinks that a 2/5 is more severe than a 40/100.

Like, i just dont know about humanity anymore

people are arguing the subjectivity of fractions and numbers in that thread and i just want to throw rocks at windows now

tchocky

it's killing me that someone seriously thinks that a 2/5 is more severe than a 40/100.

people are arguing the subjectivity of fractions and numbers in that thread and i just want to throw rocks at windows now

A few days ago I saw someone on a pro wrestling site claim that it was ridiculous some match got rated 4/5 stars and he would personally rate the match 8/10.

jaina

The takedown animations in Lego Batman 2 are great. You can also punch Robin along with the enemies without repercussions and ground pound like Jax.

styl3s

Oh well. If he was there, surely he would've concocted a devious (and probably not recommendable) plan.
Dan is a master of pranks, have you not seen the Guns n Roses e3 prank? I'm confident that Dan could come up with something that doesn't even involve him being there.

Nerokis

Oh wow, Bloodborne? That's a pleasant surprise. I forced myself to skip their Dark Souls 3 livestream, because I want to go in blind, but I'll happily watch them play Bloodborne.

RE_Player

Yeah the gaf review thread is hilarious but on Xbox One reddit they are having a field day with Jeff. Some good posts I spotted:

It's also important to note that giant bomb actually uses their entire 5 pt scale. So even though they gave it a 2/5 (40), that's a lot more like a 6.5 or something from a site like ign who uses a top heavy scale.

2/5 giantbomb. But I mean witcher 3 didn't even make their top ten for 2015 so.. uh..

I'd like to know what the Giantbomb Xbox reviewers record is, as regards other Xbox games are.

And the single best one I found:

A 2 from that fat fuck at Giant Bomb? MS needs to learn to include cakes and candies with review copies that they send to him and to Jim Sterling.

I like how GB is now biased against Xbox but before it was that they hated Playstation. What other reviews for XBO would you even look at to compare? This gen has been pretty shitty for first party(or at least exclusive) on both platforms with Bloodborne excluded.

styl3s

Blows my mind how people just cannot accept the fact that not everyone likes the $60 game you pre-ordered/bought. It's not even sad at this point it's just pathetic.

Tubobutts

I like how GB is now biased against Xbox but before it was that they hated Playstation. What other reviews for XBO would you even look at to compare? This gen has been pretty shitty for first party(or at least exclusive) on both platforms with Bloodborne excluded.
Jeff was right about people just assigning them random biases if they disagreed. I'm sure someone somewhere saw they gave Mario Maker GOTY and decided they were just Nintendo fanboys.

Megasoum

Banned

It's like people who think that 1/4 is bigger than 1/2 cause duuuhhh 4 is bigger than 2!

Lunar FC

I'm wiping my Miitomo list and starting anew. I'm switching to my actual twitter because I don't feel like managing two. Add me
@arthurlujan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom