• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddified

I need those hot stats! I need to know how many times each reviewer took a bathroom break so I can take the number and average them out! It's the only way I'll be able to get the objective score.

StoveOven

Banned
I don't understand what excitement people see in Quantum Break to call Jeff cynical and jaded for not liking it.

I mean, it's the next big AAA game and I'm excited for it personally. I just don't see how not liking any video game could make you cynical and jaded, and I also don't see how that could come across in the text of his review

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Well, the review thread finally reached the barrage of "jaded, cynical Jeff" comments, so I think I need to stay away from it for a little while
My favorite was this one:

And there it is. This is the going to be the thing that is most discussed in this thread now.

This guy should stop playing videogames. Go race classic cars or something ffs.

I totally forgot Jeff is totally into classic cars and racing. Man remember that time Jeff bought that junker for a song and him and Vinnie spent two years restoring it and then taking it down to Sonoma and proving that the little guy can still win big nowadays on a wing and a prayer?

I sure do.

I totally forgot Jeff is totally into classic cars and racing. Man remember that time Jeff bought that junker for a song and him and Vinnie spent two years restoring it and then taking it down to Sonoma and proving that the little guy can still win big nowadays on a wing and a prayer?

I sure do.

Link to this premium series please!

I sure do.

tumblr_nwps4pjJu31r96fbco1_400.gif

so

there's no way that they'll remember where they left off in Snatcher and what they need to do next, right?

As someone who loves that game (yes, it's stupidly pervy at times but it wouldn't be a kojima game if it wasn't), I don't think it works very well as a video series but it's still a shame to see it die like so many decent features have : /

RE_Player

God the review thread is hilarious. Comments from calling Jeff jaded, how he hates story based games or how he just hates everything lol

you know how jeff needed to see boobies in Leisure Suit Larry and stuck with it till the very end because of his deep desire for it?

I need Jeff to review Uncharted 4 because i need to see the Review thread reaction to it, regardless of what score he gives it.

I just need this, i need to see the reactions when confirmation bias + huge expectations meets a reasonable review from the most jaded gamer on the face of the earth. I need to see how folks cope in the aftermath, how they either accept a positive score from the devil or ask for a tar and feathering when he gives it a 3/5

Tubobutts

I am offended that Miitomo doesn't have my skin color. It guessed 4 of the 6 available ones when it took my picture.

At least it let me take off all my clothes.
I like when I tell my Mii depressing things it laughs at me.

Hooray play date

jaina

Huh, I thought Vinny was done with Bloodborne. He did say where he was in the GOTY cast, didn't he? After Gascoigne?
He only beat Cleric Beast so it's essentially that.
oh right, even earlier. I just looked at his trophies to confirm.

Better than waiting 3 months for a particular game which is already out in america whose name I won't mention.
Well, fire emblem. Damnit, I mentioned the name.

Also happy New Babymetal album day everybody, which henceforth will be what April 1 will be known as
I thought you're speaking of Nitro+ Blasters - Heroines Infinite Duel, which I'm waiting for.
Thanks for the album notification, don't follow them close enough to know.

Dark Souls falls firmly into the 'watch someone else play' category for me.

Gbeast get on that
If the reviews read better than "more of the same" this might be the first Souls game I won't watch. For previous Souls I lost interest in playing them myself because of seeing most of the game in a LP.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's pretty sad that people le a single review score affect their emotions.

But if one person doesn't like everything I like, maybe I'm wrong about everything else too! I think I'm real too, is that wrong? Jeff Gerstmann is trying to invalidate my very existence by not loving every mediocre game that comes across his desk.

yami4ct

But if one person doesn't like everything I like, maybe I'm wrong about everything else too! I think I'm real too, is that wrong? Jeff Gerstmann is trying to invalidate my very existence by not loving every mediocre game that comes across his desk.

Here's the secret that these people have yet to realize.

Everyone has bad taste in video games. You are always going to find games you really dig that you can also poke a ton of holes in and point out why they aren't great. I can sit here and tell you why I really super dug Tales of Zesteria while still admitting that game is absolutely fucked in spots.

SomberOwl

Maaaan you ever come across a Youtube channel with 6 Million subscribers and have never heard of it? There are so many big people on Youtube right now that I've never heard of it's crazy. 6 Million subscribe to this lady that makes food.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Here's the secret that these people have yet to realize.

Everyone has bad taste in video games. You are always going to find games you really dig that you can also poke a ton of holes in and point out why they aren't great. I can sit here and tell you why I really super dug Tales of Zesteria while still admitting that game is absolutely fucked in spots.

Matthew Rorie's Alpha Protocol is like that for me. Holy crap does play it badly but I just love being a dick to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom