• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Admission: I bought Bloodborne, played an hour and then put it aside.

But lately I've been feeling like I want to play a Souls game, so maybe this'll get me to pick BB back up.

def sim

I'm hoping they're playing through Old Hunters. That'll probably be the first Souls DLC I miss because time or series fatigue. One of those!

It's kind of depressing and funny at the same time in how much some people want validation from other people for what they see or buy lol.

I'm wiping my Miitomo list and starting anew. I'm switching to my actual twitter because I don't feel like managing two. Add me
@arthurlujan

Will add.

I want to watch the BB stream but between the QL and Brad fighting the fire doggie for hours I feel like I've spoiled like half of the game for myself already

With how much Vinny played before you are probably going to see a lot that was already in the QL. Also the dog was optional stuff so wouldn't be too big of an issue.

Patryn

Vinny mentioning King's Field makes me long for a stream where they actually tried to play one of the old King's Field games. I feel like KF: The Ancient City wouldn't have aged too poorly.

I really liked those games. I had a great experience one summer playing through King's Field 2 (US).

With how much Vinny played before you are probably going to see a lot that was already in the QL. Also the dog was optional stuff so wouldn't be too big of an issue.

Fire dog isn't even in the main game (Well the version Brad fought).

ah alright, maybe i will check it out.

It's just that I take forever getting to these games. I still have Dark Souls 2 in my backlog, i didn't even get to DS1 until last year for example.

Maybe i'll play 2 after Life is Strange and start catching up already

JonCha

I don't know what's going on but GB isn't giving me any audio and the stream is locking up every so often. Spotify's giving me audio so I'm very confused.

Edit: restarted and it's working. How weird.

Made back in time for the stream! I actually enjoy watching Barfbarne and the Souls games even if I don't particularly want to play them.

Unrelated, it appears zero Oculus Rifts are shipping today.

A lot of people have preordered, and they don't want to feel like they've made a mistake.

But in the end you're the judge when you play a game or watch a film that's why I always prefer to experience it myself even if it turned out to be a bad experience, atleast I would know first hand. Reviews are good for telling you what to expect and gives you the general jest of everything, that's about it. For me, I lean more towards TPS with abilities that allow me to move about while shooting instead of focusing on cover and while I love both, it's nice to have games that do this and that.

ReflectingAggressiveGorilla.gif
In the end though I guess you're telling people to spend money on a product and of course why would they want to feel like they made a mistake for spending that kind of money on a single game. They have to know though that it's one person's opinion among many other opinions, good or bad.

didn't you also watch the speedrun on BBLSL 2015?

naw, i passed on that. Just like the Extra Life streams with Halo games I haven't played and any other stream that covers an entire game, i avoid them if i ever intend on playing the game myself.

I'm only now going to watch the Halo 4 EL stream because i just finished the game this week

repeater

The guy I summoned was doing all the work, but then he died making a silly mistake and I had to finish Ludwig off myself. Ludwig on NG+ was not an easy boss, not for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN69RGKtfTI&t=5m30s
I haven't played Old Hunters, but I think that boss is generally held to be one of the hardest bosses of the whole game (excluding maybe the Defiled Chalice bosses Brad was butting heads with, I guess?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom