• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Om7bBRe.png

The future is here.

Loadouts and perks seem like everything Doom was not. Why would you make Doom and not have it revolve around weapon spawn control? There are enough games out there that already do the perk/loadout shit.

Loadouts and perks seem like everything Doom was not. Why would you make Doom and not have it revolve around weapon spawn control? There are enough games out there that already do the perk/loadout shit.

They try to have both: BFGs, Chainsaws, and Railguns spawn into the map, same goes for powerups like Quad Damage and turning into a demon.

Doom beta's fun, but it sure as shit isn't Doom.
Doom hasn't been doom for a good long while now. I don't mind it, I don't think a maze with key cards and monsters is really a formula that works anymore.

I approve of their attempt to put a spin on big budget satanic shooters. Even if they seem to be Halo 4ing it a bit

Edit: oh, certain affinity people helped make this? My comparison fits even more now lol

tuxfool

Banned
This Doom plays like a competent arena shooter on PC, but it certainly feels like its own thing.

It isn't as fast as something like UT or Q3 but at least it isn't some BS COD instakill nonsense, you can actually return fire when somebody shoots you in the back.

def sim

I had fun in one of the closed alphas of doom, though I found it a touch slower than it should be. It was still very much an arena shooter then, even with load outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom