• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red UFO

I forgot what watching Vinny play Souls games does for my blood pressure.

EDIT: Not from a "oh my god it's so easy waht are you doing" but from a "ahhh you're so close ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" perspective

BearPawB

Banned
Golly.
They just can't get this Dark Souls 3 info right can they?

Online has always worked in japan/Japanese version. yet they keep repeatedly saying on every podcast that it doesn't

Golly.
They just can't get this Dark Souls 3 info right can they?

Online has always worked in japan/Japanese version. yet they keep repeatedly saying on every podcast that it doesn't

at least the good thing about GBeast fuck ups is that it guarantees that we'll hear the Corrections music next week

Look out for these signs at a WrestleMania near you.

Ce-723WWEAEWyBv.jpg

styl3s

Wrestlemania may not be shaping up to be much, but NXT Takeover Dallas looks incredible. Super hyped for that tonight, Dan is lucky he gets to see it in person.
People say this every year it's going to be a good ppv and you can't expect every mania to be a card full of 5/5 all-star blow out matches.

Taker/Shane is gonna be brutal and fun
Ambrose/Taker is also going be brutal and fun
HHH/Reigns is going to be entertaining if you can get over your hatred for Roman (not singling you out but rather people who hate anything he's in) HHH can carry a dead carcass through a entertaining match
Ladder match will be spot city and super entertaining
Jericho/AJ should be really, really fun because it's not a Raw/Smackdown match.

Maybe it's just me but i am excited.

People say this every year it's going to be a good ppv and you can't expect every mania to be a card full of 5/5 all-star blow out matches.

HHH/Reigns is going to be entertaining if you can get over your hatred for Roman (not singling you out but rather people who hate anything he's in) HHH can carry a dead carcass through a entertaining match

I'm more interested in how shit gets handled (the fucking firestorm over Roman, potential new company owner in the storyline, retiring the Divas title, etc.) than the matches themselves.

I guess the Shield Triple Threat will have to wait until next year.

BearPawB

Banned

I am excited for it.
I think i'm most excited for the consequences of Taker/Shane. and you know there will be at least one crazy bump

I am also the minority who likes Reigns so....

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I know nothing about wrestling, but why not? If it's the one time a year main event... they have full control surely

WWE only has 8 hours of television programming per week, that's just not enough time to develop more than a third of a coherent storyline for two people, let alone the entire roster. Who do you think comes up with this stuff, writers and a team of creative talent or something? Don't be crazy.

I know nothing about wrestling, but why not? If it's the one time a year main event... they have full control surely

Similar to why not everyone will care about a boxing card apart from the perceived headliners.

You could stack a card with the best boxers in the world and people would still peak and care in different areas.

Plus WWE has this weird meta thing going on.

f0rk

well, just about anyone that matters is out because theyre injured so there's that

Yeah OK I can see injury could screw them over.

Similar to why not everyone will care about a boxing card apart from the perceived headliners.

You could stack a card with the best boxers in the world and people would still peak and care in different areas.

But that's actual sport, the competition has to happen naturally. Wrestling they can make all that shit up year round

Some people aren't excited about Wrestlemania because the build-up to it has been utterly abhorrent for the vast majority of the matches. When the thing that has people most excited is a man too old/broken to wrestle more than once a year against a non-wrestle in a feud that makes no sense you have issues.

With that said going into PPVs with low expectations has led to me enjoying the last few PPVs more than most.

But that's actual sport, the competition has to happen naturally. Wrestling they can make all that shit up year round

Yeah i get you, but it's still not as easy as that.

Not saying they shouldn't do better with storylines and stuff, but a live setting is still a live setting and you can only make the matches, it's up to the performers to achieve and put on a show.

Very few matches are fully rehearsed.

A lot of the classic performers liked to "call it in the ring" where the result was pre-determined and story beats are hit but it was a lot of improv, feeding off chemistry and feeding off what they felt the crowd wanted.

The meta thing I talked about means the crowd interaction is stupidly weird in 2016.

Some people aren't excited about Wrestlemania because the build-up to it has been utterly abhorrent for the vast majority of the matches. When the thing that has people most excited is a man too old/broken to wrestle more than once a year against a non-wrestle in a feud that makes no sense you have issues.

With that said going into PPVs with low expectations has led to me enjoying the last few PPVs more than most.

Yeah, my gripe is that the stories are either lackluster or just straight up make no damn sense.

So, Shane has this lockbox of Vince's secrets that he could hold over Vince to control Raw, so instead of that he... accepts a match against the guy with the greatest WM win record with the possibility of losing?

justjim89

Oh yeah, certainly. I don't doubt that the matches will be great. Dean/Lesnar especially could really end up being something incredible even with the inevitable Wyatt Family run in. Ambrose has been on fire these past few months and a great showing against Lesnar could further cement him as the real next top babyface.

Shane will almost certainly come off the top of the cell, so that will be fun.

The Divas Championship match has the potential to not only steal the show, but be a landmark moment for women's wrestling in WWE proper.

And my money is that either at Wrestlemania or Raw after, Roman will go full heel. So that'll be fun.

When you look at the card, it's a pretty good card. But the build up has been so weird and half-hearted, it's hard to ignore all the missed opportunities.

Gestahl

So did the Dusk of Oolacile Incident permanently scar Vinny when it comes to Souls NPCs or something? Aggroing the crow lady, shameful

I put everyone I could find here who's on Miitomo in this list. I saw a few mentioning the app without sharing twitter accounts, so if you got no probs on doing so, just let me know.
And of course, if someone doesn't want to be on it let me know too and I'll remove you.

I cleared most of my friends list and just want to add the people on here as well but I can't seem to get that list to open up on my phone.

I'll add everyone on there when I get home. Mind adding me up there?

https://mobile.twitter.com/askherserenity

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
no Dan and Jeff for UPF this week, right? Or am I misremembering

so

clash royale
whatever steam game jason picks out of a hat
some simulator that drew will know nothing about to get anywhere
danny will play overwatch?

these are my predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.