• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kAmui-

I remember thinking this mission wasn't going to be a huge deal after the first tank checkpoint... and then they expected me to do the entire second part without one. This is the mission that made me break my no kill rule.

I was feeling confident before going in. I had read that this mission is really hard and can take long to complete, but I was like naaaah, I got this shit. Took me over an hour to complete...

FluxWaveZ

I spent so much time on this mission. Didn't have the appropriate lethal gear, and I was far too reckless because it was far too irritating.

From what I'm seeing, apparently Drew is doing pretty well, so that's good.

justjim89

Man, I had a routine nailed down for this mission after the checkpoint. Fultoning, mines, rockets, resupplies, the whole deal. Still took like 6 hours.

somestickguy

Neo Member
Austin not being in it is just wrong. And Alex!

I've gotten a bunch of suggestions to do Law and Order, and I always have to think of how to work around limitations. Law and Order's limitation that it only has 6 credits. That's a pretty harsh limit.

Then I thought of Cop Show. It's a perfect match visually, and I could pull virtually all my material from one video, something I've not really tried yet. 6 credits plus a Hardcore Dave cameo? Perfect. Plus, I could finally work Ryan into an intro in a position other than creator. So, "throwback to Cop Show" became my modus operandi.

Not every bomber can be in every intro! Much as I love him, Austin is especially difficult to accommodate for, since there's so little usable footage of him.

This has been Hot Intro Takes with Fun Punditry.

Man, I had a routine nailed down for this mission after the checkpoint. Fultoning, mines, rockets, resupplies, the whole deal. Still took like 6 hours.

Yep, rewatching it my entire routine for dealing with this is coming back to me like dance steps or something. Okay, call in Pequod here, fire a missile at this guy, dash forward and fulton this vehicle before it unloads troops...

I'd rather do this than the bullshit Metro DLC mission I played through last night.
I still need to play Last Light sometime soon, seems like I can skip the DLC.
I spent so much time on this mission. Didn't have the appropriate lethal gear, and I was far too reckless because it was far too irritating.

From what I'm seeing, apparently Drew is doing pretty well, so that's good.

Yeah he's doing good, although after the checkpoint is when it really ramps up so it could all go downhill from here.

Quiet died a LOT for me... but that might be because I was trying to let her do all the killing so that I could have a no kill run. That proved effectively impossible.

Edit: 4 or 5 times? I'm pretty sure this took me over 50.

Yeah... it was like a puzzle. A very frustrating puzzle.

If the super tanks didn't one shot from pretty much any angle, it would've been an entirely different affair.

I was heartbroken when they decided to do this shit show of a mission instead of 46. Easily could have come back and done this after.

I'm hoping that if this mission gives Drew too much trouble, they'll just say fuck it and quit and do 46. Watching him struggle with this for hours wouldn't be fun for anyone.

we all agree Metal Gear Scanlon 1 was the best right

I've enjoyed all of them too much to say. Other than Mario Party Party it's been the biggest factor in getting me to subscribe and it was worth it easily. I'm gonna miss this feature, even though I'm happy its almost over.

justjim89

I used so many bombardments I actually ran out of money for them, because money spent doesn't reset after a game over.

Shitty game, shittiest mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom