• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

Banned
Did anybody else do this mission from the roof? I think I remember there being some spots there where you couldn't get hit.

Fake Edit: Dan actually just mentioned and Drew shot it down. So much for that.

Is this the dark souls of metal gear?

Dark Souls is cleverly designed and difficult, but fair. Conversely, MGSV's Mission 45 flies in the face of everything happening prior and is just a bad time all around.

There can be no comparison.
Did anybody else do this mission from the roof? I think I remember there being some spots there where you couldn't get hit.

The super tank can hit him depending on where Drew stands, so it'd be a gamble either way. And if he's just hidden the entire time, the vehicles will focus Quiet down.

Metal Gear Scanlon 4 is probably my favourite as it's packed full of dumb cutscenes which is the perfect stuff to watch Drew react to.
Don't let that mission discourage you. The same DLC pack includes a cool ass mission that has metroidvania and roguelike elements in it.
Fair enough. I really like the atmosphere and world of Metro 2033 so as long as Last Light is as strong in those areas then I guess I'll probably be happy for any excuse to continue playing it.

I'll have to burn through 2033 redux ASAP so I can finally get to Last Light.

I did, there's definitely a spot behind the stairs that you take to roof where you won't get hit.

For the first group of tanks that come to the road near the front door i just placed a bunch of mines where they would stop before the wave actually came.

The rest I did from the front door actually. Just got a bunch of rockets, waited till the tanks shot, then popped out and shot and repeated. It took me a few tries to find the sweet spot, but there was only one tank that gave me trouble and after that the rest of the mission was pretty simple.

Fair enough. I really like the atmosphere and world of Metro 2033 so as long as Last Light is as strong in those areas then I guess I'll probably be happy for any excuse to continue playing it.

I'll have to burn through 2033 redux ASAP so I can finally get to Last Light.

I think I have fonder memories of 2033 but Last Light is well worth playing. Seems like the Tower and Developer DLCs would be ones you can skip, though.

This mission would not have been a problem if Drew had the multi-rocket launcher. But Dan had to tell him he did not need to develop weapons anymore, after the Christmas break. That's why this mission is going like it is.

I actually enjoyed this mission quite a bit. The problem is you need some decent equipment.

Yup. There's no way to stealth it which is pretty lame and there's no way to know ahead of time that you were gonna be fighting a horde of tanks (unless the mission alerts of you that like it does for the other missions earlier and i just forgot).

I haven't played MGSV (beyond a couple hours at a buddies house) but this mission looks awful. All of the other MGS games I played stealthily so I assume I would do the same here, this is the exact opposite...

FluxWaveZ

I haven't played MGSV (beyond a couple hours at a buddies house) but this mission looks awful. All of the other MGS games I played stealthily so I assume I would do the same here, this is the exact opposite...

You can stealth pretty much every mission in the game except for 2-3, including this one. They also happen to be the worse missions in the game.

This is really the only mission that's like this. Any other mission can be tackled with stealth besides like the sahelanthropus fight.

No lie, it took me FOREVER to do the last part of this mission... finding Quiet in the desert. I don't know why, but I went over the entire map a million times before finding her.

Drew's got the eye of the tiger. All you had to do was

TX1lraV.gif

in Solid Scanlon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom