• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right though. Not the actual gameplay and how it handles, but the ideas behind it. Shooting down lights to obstruct vision, dodging lasers, the enemy ai...alot of games did copy.

It has alot of great ideas.

~~~

I'll be sad if they don't do Metal Gear Rising. It'd be a breath of fresh air and drew would love it.

I want Metal Gear S
hoemaker
: Rising Revengeance

What's this o7 stuff? Did I miss a Giant Bomb meme?

HWsStuR.gif

but the wrong hand

He's right though. Not the actual gameplay and how it handles, but the ideas behind it. Shooting down lights to obstruct vision, dodging lasers, the enemy ai...alot of games did copy.

It has alot of great ideas.

~~~

I'll be sad if they don't do Metal Gear Rising. It'd be a breath of fresh air and drew would love it.

True.

MG310

The last image of Metal Gear Scanlon is Dan eating a package of Twizzlers like it's a big bar of Twizzler and not 4 separate ones.

santeesioux

Yeah, wish they would have ended it on that. It's a short and sweet game with a cool soundtrack + badass bosses. Maybe they'll do a surprise Kojima-esque twist with it or not, either way, it's fine.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do it eventually, but 5 would exhaust anyone into not wanting to be tied down to more for a while.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm legit sad Metal Gear Scanlon is over, guys.

It's not just me, right?

I have some wolbacchia in my eyes.

I stopped caring about Metal Gear Scanlon about halfway into MGS4, around the same point in the game when I originally stopped caring about the MGS series as a whole.

Kaizer

Banned

Ahh, who could it be??? Man, I'm gonna miss this series, since it started from the very beginning, I've loved every second of it, even if their MGSV run was a little long in the tooth & boring at times - I was still happy to watch Drew & Dan goof around.

Can't believe it's been a year & a half, time went by so fast - I still remember watching the MGS1 Ending live & beating the game on Vita seconds before Drew did. MGS2 Scanlon is still my favorite season. Watching Drew trying to cope & handle all the mindfuckery in that game was beautiful lol

Meneses

The gameplay part was painful at times but the banter between the guys was top notch, especially near the end when they clearly didn't want to be there anymore and just focused on basically anything but the game.

StoveOven

Banned
Metal Gear Scanlon has been going on for as long as I've been following Giant Bomb. I remember it being one of the big reasons I became a premium subscriber. I fell off of MGSV about half way through, but it was nice to be there for the finale. Now with all these series ending I wonder what both coasts do next.

daydream

Banned
the more i think about it, the more i am convinced they shouldn't start any new series but just focus on the formats they've got and just go to town on those

Kaizer

Banned
One of the things I'm also thankful to MGScanlon for is bringing Drew out to forefront more as a personality on the site and the dynamic formed between him & Dan. I hadn't really thought a lot about Drew previously to Dan's arrival at Giant Bomb - but now he's one of my favorite people on the site, despite how terrible he is at Metal Gear Solid lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom