• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

They have a really awesome original song made for the game that's never in the game aside from the hidden music tape. It's a shame. Shoulda been the credits music for Chapter 2 or something.

It's even called "A Phantom Pain"

I like the concepts and ideas of this ending, I'm totally into stuff that affects what you think of the whole series yadda yadda...

But it's just written so fucking terribly.

FluxWaveZ

I like the concepts and ideas of this ending, I'm totally into stuff that affects what you think of the whole series yadda yadda...

But it's just written so fucking terribly.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I think about it.

No? Well, I felt like attention wasn't drawn to it at least. Can't recall to be honest.

It's the same exact scene; maybe you didn't really take note of it because it's the first time you ever see Quiet.

I tried playing MGS3 twice and got bored and stopped both times. I like the story, though. The story elements seem the best in 4 and 1, however.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff is weird as fuck for not liking 3

but it's the usual Jeff thing where he somehow convinces you that he's not the weird one.

Zocano

I'm crazy but I think MGS1 is the most solid of the bunch. MGS3 has specific high moments but I don't like half the bosses and a good portion (most?) of the actual stealth. I just don't like MGS2 that much at all. MGS4 is cool and I like a lot of it, but again, some not so fun sections and too much "on rails" parts. 5 is... well, V.

kvk1

i'm glad they stuck through with this, and i say this being one of the people who bitched and moaned about their admittedly frustrating playthrough towards the end of the series

i stopped after Chapter 1, had no desire to go back and continue, and I'm really happy i got to see what happened afterwards by watching the GB guys do it

StoveOven

Banned
After MGS 2 which might be my favorite game of all time, I was kind of underwhelmed by 3. It has some great moments, but a lot of that game is super forgettable. With 4, I recognize the problems with the game, but I appreciate how much effort they put in to concluding every plot point in the series.

neshcom

Banned
What makes 4 the best is that it extrapolates MGS1 and 2 into groundbreaking military sci-fi territory. 2 is second because it's twists bring the scale of the story to the highest levels in the series.

I love the final scene of the game and am totally fine with it being the ending, but it's so out of nowhere that it kinda brings it down a bit. I'm glad they went in the other direction compared to the 50 minutes that 4's ending took, but i think they took it a bit too far.

I remember when "Meme Gene Scene" was the series tagline and no one batted an eye since that was pre-Internet memes. One of those words that hasn't aged well culturally.

hamchan

This is the worst post-credits in the series too.

Just Ocelot somehow speculating that the sons of Big Boss will arrive and fight and all this other bullshit.

I can't rank the main series Metal Gear games. I like them all equally for different reasons except MGS1 which I never liked the gameplay enough to finish.

Overall I'm #TeamRising tho.

This game just bums me the hell out. I had already started to drift away from the series with 4 and PW, but V in particular made me sad that I used to love this thing so damn much and that it all amounted to something that just doesn't make me feel anything. (Even though it's also an absolute blast to play.)

I disagree with Drew about how people should be copying MGS1.

He's right though. Not the actual gameplay and how it handles, but the ideas behind it. Shooting down lights to obstruct vision, dodging lasers, the enemy ai...alot of games did copy.

It has alot of great ideas.

~~~

I'll be sad if they don't do Metal Gear Rising. It'd be a breath of fresh air and drew would love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom