• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I watch Giantbomb for what the duders say while playing game. Not for watching them look down at a laptop.

Yeah, true, but there are some nice moments where you can see them reacting to the game, like when they bring out the siren after defeating a boss.

They should use BadLayouts for ideas.
CXgOvI_WkAEhsYM.png:medium

Wunder

I like PiP :( It would be nice to have it zoomed in and stuff for GBeast but it'd probably require Vinny to go back into the control room and fiddle with stuff to get it right and he seems to hate doing that so I'd rather have PiP than nothing at all

Well they could also zoom in... I mean... wtf is the point of that PIP? Their bodies take like 15% of the actual PIP

That solution makes sense there. But I think with a third person (in most cases, Austin) in needs to be that pulled back to get all of them in the shot. I know it's a dumb complaint, but it kinda drives me nuts!

I'm playing through God Of War 3 Remastered right now.... I forgot that motherfuckin' Rip Thorne is in that game lol

It's actually Torn, not Thorne. I always chuckle when I hear that name, because it is almost like an action (ripping something) and it's result (being torn apart). I have to wonder if his parents knew this when they named him (or maybe, more likely, it's a stage name he picked to be clever). Too bad he didn't reprise his Zeus role from Disney's Hercules. His Hephaestus was cool, though.

KingKong

Really.

When you learn that GTFO is a pretty valid strategy in dark souls 3.

The game becomes easier.

Im stubbornly not running away unless its a run to the fog gate. These bosses are starting to get really fun, I was worried the game was too easy. Still javent summoned for anyone yet

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, if I look at a situation and go "urgh, I just don't want to deal with these assholes".

Running away feels pretty good.

Ratchet and Clank is really good, guys. Also, apparently there is a Terminator 2 reference that I know Dan will love. I believe it's when you play as Clank. You have these robots you can use to assist you (one makes a spring to jump on, another powers things, another one makes bridges, etc.- I haven't found them all yet). Well, apparently, if you throw one into lava, as it's sinking, it give a thumbs up. I haven't seen this for myself yet.

Bowlie

Banned
I dunno, if I look at a situation and go "urgh, I just don't want to deal with these assholes".

Hell yes. I was taking too much time, in this area I'm in now, clearing the path by shooting the enemies from a distance one by one. After taking 20 minutes to do so and die, I started running past them towards the ladder and climbing it before they attack me. Much simpler.

Wunder

Ratchet and Clank is really good, guys. Also, apparently there is a Terminator 2 reference that I know Dan will love. I believe it's when you play as Clank. You have these robots you can use to assist you (one makes a spring to jump on, another powers things, another one makes bridges, etc.- I haven't found them all yet). Well, apparently, if you throw one into lava, as it's sinking, it give a thumbs up. I haven't seen this for myself yet.

Aaaaa, it's not out in Europe yet :( Already pre-ordered it off Amazon so I hope it'll come on the day

I'm a couple years late, but I've been watching Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls. I'm on part 9 now. It's hilarious how Vinny messes with Brad, to the point where Brad isn't sure if Vinny is telling the truth or not. Something funny about watching all the episodes back to back is that in almost every episode Vinny tells Brad to two-hand the weapon, and every time they realize there's no benefit. Also, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Brad's character looks just like him.

Houndi101

You guys are probably right, there's usually some good shenanigans during the week.
But so they really don't like doing Mario Party it seems?

Tubobutts

I'm a couple years late, but I've been watching Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls. I'm on part 9 now. It's hilarious how Vinny messes with Brad, to the point where Brad isn't sure if Vinny is telling the truth or not. Something funny about watching all the episodes back to back is that in almost every episode Vinny tells Brad to two-hand the weapon, and every time they realize there's no benefit. Also, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Brad's character looks just like him.
Vinny lying to Brad is the best thing about that series and why I hope if they do anything with Dark Souls 3 it involves Vinny In a position of authority. The second best thing was Brad refusing to accept that he was a magic man.

Myggen

You should stretch it out with the PAX drought coming

There has not been a "drought" for the last few PAX shows, so that's starting to become a myth I only see in this thread.

The only show that really creates a drought is E3 because of the prep required and stuff like that, but that's more than worth it with the content at E3.

Vinny lying to Brad is the best thing about that series and why I hope if they do anything with Dark Souls 3 it involves Vinny In a position of authority. The second best thing was Brad refusing to accept that he was a magic man.

I started rewatching the series yesterday and Vinny's constant lying and handholding and shit is my least favorite part. I hate when he says he only remembers 2% of the game and then every opportunity that comes up for him to give advice on something, he does.

Tubobutts

I started rewatching the series yesterday and Vinny's constant lying and handholding and shit is my least favorite part. I hate when he says he only remembers 2% of the game and then every opportunity that comes up for him to give advice on something, he does.
I bet you hated when Rorie was on the Dark Souls streams then.

Brad's lizard lust made me concerned for him.

I feel the irresistible urge to search every nook and cranny, which means I end up having to clear out most enemies so I can explore in peace. However, when it's boss time, it's a beeline to the fog gate. DS3 definitely likes to sprinkle a healthy number of special difficult enemies around the levels, though. I've been enjoying the bosses but there are definitely special enemies in the world that have killed me more, by a lot, than the boss of the area.

I feel the irresistible urge to search every nook and cranny, which means I end up having to clear out most enemies so I can explore in peace. However, when it's boss time, it's a beeline to the fog gate. DS3 definitely likes to sprinkle a healthy number of special difficult enemies around the levels, though. I've been enjoying the bosses but there are definitely special enemies in the world that have killed me more, by a lot, than the boss of the area.

Yeah, I've died way more to like the mini bosses of each area than the actual bosses. I'm still pretty early but only one boss killed me multiple times. Some of them like
Deacons of the Deep and Crystal Sage
were like the easiest fights of the whole series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom