• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I personally only know what the omega symbol is through videogames.

Videogames such as this!

omega-labyrinth-422855.17.jpg

Zaph

my problem with this ps4k stuff isn't feeling like a second class citizen because i already felt that way as a PC gamer whenever I played on the PS4
BOOM
but if PSVR is going to get fuckt on the OG PS4. It already seemed like trying to pull off proper VR was a tough proposition for the OG PS4 so im wondering how PSVR will be impacted by another piece of better hardware being out there, if at all

Given devs can't make PS4K exclusive games or features, and Sony have stated VR games will fail the TRC if they drop below 60 on original hardware, I'm not really sure where that leaves VR devs? I guess games might look slightly prettier (but they were never going to be stunners to begin with) and get closer to the 90 ideal, but that's not a lot of wiggle-room for a smoother experience or more content.

But then again, depending on developer feedback and consumer adoption, I'm wouldn't be surprised if Sony end up relaxing the exclusivity ban on VR.

Kebab just means roasted or grilled meat. You can use the wird Kebab do several dished, ranging from Doener to Cevapcici.

Gyro is Greek and means (a)round. (Doener is Turkish and means (a)round as well.) It describes the way the PORK is grilled.

http://party-gyros.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/party_gyros_grill-kaufen.png[img][/QUOTE]

Ooh, I see! I had a lot of Döner in Germany and it was so fucking good, like one of the best things I've ever eaten good. I lived with a Turkish family while I was there, so they knew where to get the good shit.

Tubobutts

Unless you went to an american college I don't know where people should have been exposed to the Omega symbol. At no point was I taught about in school
Now you're just depressing me. You seriously never learned about Ancient Greece in school? If the only context for the Greek alphabet people have is that they use it for fraternities and video games I'm going to set myself on fire.

TraBuch

Banned
No, I'm pretty sure Arby's created it and it's kind of a flatbread wrap with some meat and veggies. I see commercials all the time.

Now you're just depressing me. You seriously never learned about Ancient Greece in school? If the only context for the Greek alphabet people have is that they use it for fraternities and video games I'm going to set myself on fire.

My school touched on it briefly in world history in middle school and maybe once again in like 9th grade. But the alphabet really didn't come up at all, more the accomplishments of the Greeks and the notable figures.

If you only rely on school to get educated, you're doing it wrong.

Oh come on now, this is so up your own ass. Point me to someone who would study the Greek alphabet on their own time that isn't involved in it professionally.

What does Greece have to do with the founding of the US? We don't have time for that shit in our schools!

justjim89

One summer I took out garbage for a week-long Greek festival in the summer heat. If I never smell lamb roasting on those spinning things ever again, I'll die a happy man.

Gyros are delicious, but that smell is just burned into my brain.

oti

Banned
My school touched on it briefly in world history in middle school and maybe once again in like 9th grade. But the alphabet really didn't come up at all, more the accomplishments of the Greeks and the notable figures.

Oh come on now, this is so up your own ass. Point me to someone who would study the Greek alphabet on their own time that isn't involved in it professionally.

I can see this point to some degree but come ooooooooon. Alpha and Omega might be the two most known letters in human history. I'm not asking you to recite the Greek Alphabet in its entirety but coooooome ooooooon.

If I can surround myself with the smell of roasting meat.

I'd do it.

Easter is approaching (1/5). We're roasting an entire lamb again, as is tradition. I'll give you my piece of the lamb since I don't like it. And you can argue with my family over who gets to eat the brain if you so desire.

Strax

I love history and learned about Ancient Greece in school but the Greek alphabet wasn't a part of it. Maybe there was a picture of all the symbols and their names in the textbook.

If you only rely on school to get educated, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not saying its the only way I learn but its the only way many people learn, especially in history.

Tubobutts

I wish I was joking...
My hair finally started growing back after the last time I set myself on fire and now I have to do it all over again.

One of the things I can't stand about Dan is that he's one of those people who thinks not having a degree in a subject is an excuse to not have at least a very basic understanding of it.

Zaph

One summer I took out garbage for a week-long Greek festival in the summer heat. If I never smell lamb roasting on those spinning things ever again, I'll die a happy man.

Gyros are delicious, but that smell is just burned into my brain.

After a particularly heavy bender, that smell is like a bloody siren's call. Doner meat and chips, covered in mayo and chilli sauce is the ideal - just don't ever look at it while you're sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom