• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
I made the mistake of checking out the Wikipedia entry for gyro and now I'm 500 times hungrier thanks to the picture there. Fuck. They're nearly impossible to find in Florida.

"...And it was kiiiiiinda awesome?"

17-gyro.png

justjim89

Oh I love meat, don't get me wrong. It's the primary portion of my diet, and grilling season is great. Just that smell of lamb, in particular brings back memories of giant bags of garbage breaking open on me or spilled grease all over my favorite Blues Brothers shirt.

derFeef

Tacos are the king anyway.

Oh I love meat, don't get me wrong. It's the primary portion of my diet, and grilling season is great. Just that smell of lamb, in particular brings back memories of giant bags of garbage breaking open on me or spilled grease all over my favorite Blues Brothers shirt.

And crying mother sheep.

Guys, just in case there was any doubt in Austin, Digital Foundry chimed in to say it is real. :lol

That just seems weird to me. "Hey we weren't first with this....but we had it too!"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So is there a difference between kebap and kebab? I had a kebap not too long ago and was surprised when they handed me a gyro on slightly different flatbread.

kvk1

So is there a difference between kebap and kebab? I had a kebap not too long ago and was surprised when they handed me a gyro on slightly different flatbread.

The P ending is what the Turks use to call kebab.

There should be no difference between the different varieties of kebap and kebab.

Gyros and kebabs are a different thing though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The P ending is what the Turks use to call kebab.

There should be no difference between the different varieties of kebap and kebap.

Gyros and kebabs are a different thing though.

The kebap I was served was rotisserie lamb/beef mixture on a flatbread with some salad veggies thrown on top and a yogurt based sauce.

Was I served a gyro or have I been served misnamed kebaps my entire life under the name of gyro?

What's the diff?
Well maybe I've only had good Gyros vs shitty donners, but the meat quality is better, gyro is more like a burrito in presentation and the sauce isn't as nastily acerbic.

I mean you can make a stonking kebab on your own, but I'm mainly comparing takeaways in my experience at home and in Europe.

Jintor

it's a kebab if you jam a stick in meat right

that's how this works?

i was always confused because kebabs were wraps, or they weren't, unless they were satay kebabs, in which case they weren't kebabs, but they were still kebabs? maybe?

i'm hungry. I haven't had lamb in like at least four months now.

Strax

Maybe its just me but I'm getting bored of lamb. Its never been lower on my meatlist (thats a thing).

1. Cow
2. Pig
3. Chicken
4. Horse
5. Lamb

kvk1

honestly if there is meat, bread, and some sort of yogurt based sauce involved, you're good to go

the rest is semantics and auxiliary variety

eat what you like fam

Jintor

Maybe its just me but I'm getting bored of lamb. Its never been lower on my meatlist (thats a thing).

1. Cow
2. Pig
3. Chicken
4. Horse
5. Lamb

Meat tiers huh

1. Lamb
2. Beef
3. Pig
4. Chicken
5. Duck

actually i quite like duck but it's really fiddly to eat. like prawns, the effort/meat return is inefficient

I like lamb more than beef but eat it fairly infrequently. the thought of ever burning out on it is super depressing, so it's a special occasion food

Also movies and TV show have lied to me about turkeys, they ain't all that.

turkey is a less tasty chicken that is also more of a hassle to cook. it's a pretty solid choice for sandwich ingredients though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom