• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Certainly seems so, trying to dampen expectations. It's really not working though.

Heh, not at all. And yeah, I can see why it won't. There's still the fear that this will lead to devs targeting the Neo and the base console getting games with worse framerate etc. as a result.

Big story for GB either way though, has to bring a ton of attention and traffic to the site. Austin's job has never really been to do a lot of reporting, so he's going above and beyond. This might be why he's mentioned that he's been so extremely busy at work lately.

I bet Kessler is the leak. IT WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG!!!!

I keep opening the thread in Gaming thinking it is this thread, and wonder why you've all gone mad.
I thought my sleep-deprived, insomniac diatribes in the early part of the thread was pushing it a little. Then I woke up this morning, checked the latest page and realised I had nothing to worry about.

I thought Scoops left Giant Bomb? What is this PS4.5 news?

Cool to see Austin break something on Giant Bomb, also cool to see other places around the net view it as instantly legit because Giant Bomb isn't viewed as posting bullshit. Nice to just think Giant Bomb has that clout when they rarely break any kind of news.

No_Style

Yup. And I don't care about the Leicester storylines ;)

Why Kane though? If I had to pick a player to root for on Hotspurs, it'd definitely be Dele Alli -- especially since he'll undoubtedly win BPL goal of the season.

Yep, I totally think it's a controlled leak too. Said it last night.

Follow the money.

Controlled or not, I am loving all this console hardware news. I always enjoy spec dissection. I could do without the sky falling lunacy but it's relatively easy to ignore. I just hope the podcasts don't go into panic mode though.

GOTY idea: Giant Bomb scraps the existing Giant Bomb website and releases a new, faster, better 'Giant Bomb NEW-O' where Quick Looks are specially enhanced for colour-blind viewers and the podcast goes to FLAC only downloads for maximum quality.

Myggen

Why Kane though? If I had to pick a player to root for on Hotspurs, it'd definitely be Dele Alli -- especially since he'll undoubtedly win BPL goal of the season.

Alli is a bit of a diver, I don't like that about him. Vertonghen is my favourite player, but I just like this picture of Kane :p

GOTY idea: Giant Bomb scraps the existing Giant Bomb website and releases a new, faster, better 'Giant Bomb NEW-O' where Quick Looks are specially enhanced for colour-blind viewers and the podcast goes to FLAC only downloads for maximum quality.

Haha, nice.

I hope Sony falls on their ass with this dumb shit but they probably won't right?

Depends on if there is some type of upgrade plan put in place. They say they don't want to fracture their player base but they still probably want people to buy the new ones so I'm hoping for some type of upgrade plan.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Depends on if there is some type of upgrade plan put in place. They say they don't want to fracture their player base but they still probably want people to buy the new ones so I'm hoping for some type of upgrade plan.

I think that's called trading it to GameStop for store credit.

Zaph

I hope Sony falls on their ass with this dumb shit but they probably won't right?

I'm kind interested to see where it all goes, but it's definitely reinforcing my instinct that console manufacturers are introducing PC quirks and annoyances just as fast as the PC platform is adopting console-like ease of use. There are still massive reasons for people to stick with their platform of choice (namely, online ecosystem and used games), but the end of subsidies, and now mid-cycle upgrades, are massive blows.

As someone who got a PS4 day one, I'm not too bothered by the revision, especially as it seems that they're taking care not to alienate existing owners.

I feel similarly about Wii U. Day one purchase and it looks like it'll have a truncated lifestyle out of business necessity, but I'm more than happy with the assortment of great games for it.

Now if NX is not region free...thanks, but no thanks, Nintendo,

Megasoum

Banned

Or you know... Do that but release a website that has an actual good design and video player. SURPRISE, You thought it was just a joke but we actually finally fixed all the terrible design decisions we've been taking for the last 10 years!

Or you know... Do that but release a website that has an actual good design and video player. SURPRISE, You thought it was just a joke but we actually finally fixed all the terrible design decisions we've been taking for the last 10 years!

It would make it way more funny if they fixed everything but then reverted and said it was only for GOTY.

I've only played two games on my PS4 because of being unemployed, so this PS4k thing is just sailing over my head because there's no way for it to be cost effective unless I got it for free trading my PS4 up.

Jintor

Something I hadn't properly looked at before in the Vive stream is watching Jeff's facial reaction as godless abombination virtual will starts teleporting all over the place and waggling his eyebrows.

it is amazing

/edit drew's look of amazement as the post-it note escapes reality, also strong contender

popo

He's one of our own,
He's one of our own,
Myggen,
He's one of our own ...
(Repeated...)

2843119-dan+ryckert+on+twitter+++i+love+it+when+european+fans+are+surprised+when+us+us+fans+have+no+idea+how+to+join+along+with+their+weird+ass++elaborate+soccer+chants.+.png

Alli is a bit of a diver, I don't like that about him. Vertonghen is my favourite player, but I just like this picture of Kane :p

It's the hair right. Reminds you of Brad.

kaneama_3235643b.jpg

Zaph

Wasn't that a uniquely ps3 thing? I don't think that was a feature for most of the older consoles.

Both consoles last gen were sold at a loss, at least initially, which was/is paramount given around then off-the-shelf GPU's surpassed consoles. In a vacuum this alone wouldn't matter much, and while it's great that they're all adopting x86 architecture for ease of development, they need to keep their offer differentiated - and a mid-cycle upgrade opens them up to one of the most common PC fears/misconceptions (being outdated within a year of purchase) when compounded with this.

Dan is blaming the wrong sport for the chants. He is focusing on too wide of a continent too. It is just the UK and Darts that are the source of all the "weird" chants at wrestling. The thing Dan does not understand about the chants is a lot of them are sung to similar songs, fans just replace words for different occasions. There is not much to remember - most seem to get it right when drunk.

The Jason Jordan / Chad Gable is the Kolo and Yaya Toure Chant
The Enzo Amore one is the a chant from the darts (to the tune of Seven Nation Army)

In fact, almost everything that pops on on WWE was sung at the darts long before it. Hey Baby is much more suited to Bayley though.

Dan is blaming the wrong sport for the chants. He is focusing on too wide of a continent too. It is just the UK and Darts that are the source of all the "weird" chants at wrestling. The thing Dan does not understand about the chants is a lot of them are sung to similar songs, fans just replace words for different occasions. There is not much to remember - most seem to get it right when drunk.

The Jason Jordan / Chad Gable is the Kolo and Yaya Toure Chant
The Enzo Amore one is the a chant from the darts (to the tune of Seven Nation Army)

In fact, almost everything that pops on on WWE was sung at the darts long before it. Hey Baby is much more suited to Bayley though.
This post.

Watch TakeOver London. As someone who was there, and hates "real sports", it's not that damn hard.

EDIT: Also darts is fucking wierd. Must be how wrestling seems to outsiders.

oti

Banned
The moment Dan starts a statement involving the word "European" is the moment to switch off your brain for a second.

It got really popular in Italian stadiums if I remember correctly, I think even before 2008

That sounds about right.

I remember Euro 2012 had it as the goal music.

It's been around for ages though, I would definitely associate with football, and on the continent football at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom