• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
3sqQsWZ.png

Man, Austin is putting in work on Twitter today. He's probably getting hundreds of mentions after posting that story. That being said, I'm cool with the idea of a new PS4. I'll buy it just as long as my older games work fine, which seems to be the case.

Also, ham is far better than turkey.

daydream

Banned
btw alexander alekhine (non-americanised: aljechin) is a former chess world champion, reigned between late 20s and 40s (and incidentally one of my favs)

alekhine's gun is a tactical motif named after him which involves lining up two rooks and the queen (in that order) on a file, like this:

Isxuzlh.jpg

why a mediocre stealth game was named after this i do not know

Zaph

From mixlr:

• Apparently Magic Leap is legit? Jeff's spoken to people who've tried it - says it's amazing (I thought that thing sounded like an investor scam)
  • Thinks Sony is making a mistake by not getting the PS4K out before E3, because people always assume the worst with rumours (so might not be a controlled leak to gb?)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
btw alexander alekhine (non-americanised: aljechin) is a former chess world champion, reigned between late 20s and 40s (and incidentally one of my favs)

alekhine's gun is a tactical motif named after him which involves lining up two rooks and the queen (in that order) on a file, like this:

Isxuzlh.jpg

why a mediocre stealth game was named after this i do not know

this is a nice guess but I believe it's a reference to the Alekhine's Gun narrative trope, which is something like if there's a gun in the bathtub in the tutorial level, that gun has to go off before the final boss fight

From mixlr:

• Apparently Magic Leap is legit? Jeff's spoken to people who've tried it - says it's amazing (I thought that thing sounded like an investor scam)
  • Thinks Sony is making a mistake by not getting the PS4K out before E3, because people always assume the worst with rumours (so might not be a controlled leak to gb?)

I could see Sony saving the PS4k annoucment until gamescom and a release in October / November.

Its not a new gen. You dont announce the new iphone 6 months before its released. Very few consumer products these days have multi month announcement to release cycles.

But at this stage I guess its got to be at E3.

Between my attempt in the GB NeoGAF Neo thread last night at trolling* God of War zealots over the Mega64 thing and my post half an hour ago in the thread mentioning Jeff confirming that September games require a day one patch to support the Neo (I.e. Final Fantasy XV)...that no-one took any notice of...

...I can only conclude that once those big news threads get beyond a certain point (say...10-15 posts), people are only interested in drive-bys and sniping and pushing their own agenda to the detriment of the quality of NeoGAF as a discussion board on the whole.

I know, I know...I'm waaaaaaaaayyyy Link to the Past** regarding this revelation.

*(EmCee if you see this, when I say trolling I actually mean 'conversing with like-minded, fine, upstanding individuals of impeccable taste in video games in order to further our mutual enjoyment and understanding of our wonderful pastime and artform')

**this is an in joke about NeoGAF.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Eehh, it did not sound as a joke.

Yes because the classic trope chekhov's gun is totally about a gun in a bathtub and a boss fight

christ people you don't have to think it's funny but you have to know it's a joke. Wasting my prime material on you plebs

Wunder

holy fuck, this Nikki Glaser podcast is great. Anyone who was into the Danswers with her should give this a listen. CLASSIC Dan stories.

I made the mistake of checking out the Wikipedia entry for gyro and now I'm 500 times hungrier thanks to the picture there. Fuck. They're nearly impossible to find in Florida.

"...And it was kiiiiiinda awesome?"

The really good gyro restaurant in my town closed because the owner was using drugs to keep a worker there as a sex slave or something super crazy like that. Food is suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom