• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Sometimes Dan lands jokes in a way that works outside of his persona and this is definitely one of those times.

Every now and then Dan makes a quip or joke that reveals he's way smarter than he typically let's on. Like he's the smartest guy in the room pretending to be the dumbest.

Ha, Austin and the Eurogamer are being equated to people claiming to be abducted by aliens because they aren't publishing the PS4K document by someone who apparently really doesn't want to believe.

59e9f10b78c84422898c35304c2a70e4.png

I figured as much.

Zaph

I figured as much.

Yeah. As convenient as all-x86 is for developers, console games still require very specific optimisation to get results from those specs - so it'll take more than "lets just up the lighting quality in this area" to create a Neo performance profile.

Yeah. As convenient as all-x86 is for developers, console games still require very specific optimisation to get results from those specs - so it'll take more than "lets just up the lighting quality in this area" to create a Neo performance profile.

But now that you mention it, I bet it doesn't stop us from seeing a fair bit of that anyway.

Zaph

But now that you mention it, I bet it doesn't stop us from seeing a fair bit of that anyway.

Most definitely. My guess is we'll see a handful of flagship games from Sony's notable studios looking great, some games tweaked to look slightly better but not changed enough to warrant a separate QA pass, and VR developers 'strongly recommending' the 4.5 to get a solid 90 rather than 60.

Since when has that actually mattered to console gamers, though?

Yeah, I've barely ever seen a console user get upset at PC versions of games running better, if anything you're more likely to see PC only people shit on consoles even more.

well we're in uncharted territory here, people buying a better version of their machine halfway through the typical generation. you should go into those threads and see the comments for yourself, some folks are expecting Titan-levels of stuff from their ps4k

well we're in uncharted territory here, people buying a better version of their machine halfway through the typical generation. you should go into those threads and see the comments for yourself, some folks are expecting Titan-levels of stuff from their ps4k

Must be a failing of the 4k title. Isn't it just upscaling to that resolution if someone tried to play it at that?

Also Nintendo's been doing iterative handhelds for... Forever. Not exactly uncharted, just unfamiliar since the handhelds usually hold onto exclusivity.

Curufinwe

I always thought I'd get an Xbone eventually, but Scalebound is the only exclusive I'm interested in and a new PS4 might be out before it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I figured as much.

This man's friends don't like it! This other one's do! People have opinions about things! Its fine either way! Get a PC!

Trying to get out all the inane responses before I wade into that thread in General. I should just stay away shouldn't I?

I always thought I'd get an Xbone eventually, but Scalebound is the only exclusive I'm interested in and a new PS4 might be out before it.

the halo games are pretty much the only reason i keep the thing, well that and 360 BC for games that arent on PC and the Gears games because i play those with a console buddy.

that said, it gets a lot more use from me than the PS4 does which makes the ps4k even more annoying because now they expect me to collect dust in 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom