• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
What the fuck is this chest monster in brads stream, do people like this game because it's bullshit? Don't remember this from demons souls or bloodborne

What the fuck is this whole area he's in in the first place lmao

Lunar FC

Which awful wrestling game for paxamania are they playing this year?

Edit: So from that video, it is going to be Jeff Green doing the double crossing this time right?

jaina

Yeah, if the 404ing panel's recording on Baer's channel miraculously has a better audio mix then MAYBE watch the whole thing during a content drought. Most of it falls flat and isn't worth your time.
In case the audio's still bad and you can't even hear their commentary, just watch the part with Austin's videos and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Fsgj_yrzs.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck is this chest monster in brads stream, do people like this game because it's bullshit? Don't remember this from demons souls or bloodborne

Mimics are easily identifyable from regular chests if you're cautious :) They breathe, their chain's different, their placement is often suspicious, and so on. As a first death, they are a cheap death indeed though.

So Dr Tracksuit is no longer with Jeff? Oh my, this Paxamania might get interesting.

can't even summon a single ounce of give-a-shit for paxamania this time.

Yeah, I feel the same way... I'm all for fun and wrestling, but Dan has really turned it into something else completely, that's just not my thing anymore. Just like with Giant Bomb in general too, it feels more like The Dan Rykert show with some other people on the sidelines. Since Dan has joined it doesn't feel the same, and I get that change is inevitable, but I'm really burnt out on Dan and his endless shenanigans.

Yeah, I feel the same way... I'm all for fun and wrestling, but Dan has really turned it into something else completely, that's just not my thing anymore. Just like with Giant Bomb in general too, it feels more like The Dan Rykert show with some other people on the sidelines. Since Dan has joined it doesn't feel the same, and I get that change is inevitable, but I'm really burnt out on Dan and his endless shenanigans.

I don't care about the wrestling stuff so can't comment on that but I definitely disagree as far as GB goes, it doesn't feel like it's the Dan show to me at least.

hamchan

The mimics are so easy to identify I'm surprised Brad still has no idea how to spot them after putting so many hours into the series.

GavinGT

Banned
I still like Paxamania, but it's just not what it used to be. They need to fire their entire writing staff and just start fresh. I even heard the ratings for the latest Paxamania dipped to their lowest in 18 years. Miller needs to get it together or get out. The fog machine debacle proved that he doesn't have what it takes to commiserate over such a large event.

Not the first time.

If anyone says that they didn't get got by the first one they are lying.

It's possible if you read every message that you might not... But I agree lol. Definitely got eaten the first time I saw one. After that it's easy though, just hit every chest once!

hamchan

Not the first time.

If anyone says that they didn't get got by the first one they are lying.

Well yeah. But it's not the first time anymore when you're in Anor Londo.

I loved that first one in Sen's Fortress btw. Amazing moment even though it can be considered unfair in a game design standpoint.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well yeah. But it's not the first time anymore when you're in Anor Londo.

I loved that first one in Sen's Fortress btw. Amazing moment even though it can be considered unfair in a game design standpoint.

But it's not like brad just left sen's fortress last week. It's the first time he's played the first dark souls in months.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Speaking of dark souls 3,
the abyss watcher's fight was so fucking badass holy shit. Both fight-wise and lore-wise.

Every death in Dark Souls is supposed to teach you a lesson, and the first time a mimic eats you the lesson to take away is make sure treasure chests aren't breathing before you try to open them. Also, lots of bloodstains around a chest is usually a big red flag. Or you could just hit every chest you find and see how it reacts.

Salarians

I think I learned to spot mimics in dark souls 1, but by dark souls 3 i was routinely just hitting every chest with an axe
Same here. After that first one in Sen's Fortress, I made it a habit to hit every chest. I even did it in Bloodborne just to be safe, and that game doesn't even have mimics.

yami4ct

Finally finished Brad's DS1 stream. Hearing him complain about the
Pontiff Sulyvahn
fight in DS3 is funny. Don't get me wrong, that fight is a bit tricky. It's one of the first really hyper aggressive tests the game throws at you. I cannot wait until he gets to the
Nameless King
fight, though.
Pontiff
is just apéritif compared to the challenge Dark Souls III can throw at you. That optional fight might just kill him.

Both of them are two of my top Souls fights of all time, though. Easily. So good.

oti

Banned
Don't usually watch panels, they are like offline YouTube videos in a sense. So are the panels that popped up on GB Unarchived worth a watch?

Houndi101

My GB double feature for the morning was Eisenhorn and Alekhines gun QLs, what an absolute delight.
Also contemplating on reading Eisenhorn, any thoughts?

JonCha

Hoping Brad continue's this Demon's Soul run, though with less referencing of chat. It's more fun when he's playing solo and there's a potential nasty surprise around every corner ...

Strax

Strax. What the fuck bud? You trying to break OT? The thread about your friend who likes to hang around the swimming pool showers could be explained away as cultural differences but now you post about cooking with jizz?

Hah the swimming thing was an update on a old thread. The cooking with cum was stuff I saw on another forum, great stuff right?

Jintor

Dark Souls 3 ranks very high for me in terms of bosses and general area design (though it doesn't quiiiiite have that amazing interconnected world design of the front half of DS1)

popo

Paxamania has approached School Talent Show in levels of cringe. Even when it is your own kid up there acting like a knob. You can tell they are all having a grand old time but it doesn't stop you wanting to slap them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom