• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished sotn. It must've been a hell of a game at the time of release but it's kinda not super well designed compared to other metroid likes. Still, I had a blast with the 7 or so hours I spent with it though there's no way I'm doing the inverted castle for the true ending. Fuck that.

Brashnir

I finished sotn. It must've been a hell of a game at the time of release but it's kinda not super well designed compared to other metroid likes. Still, I had a blast with the 7 or so hours I spent with it though there's no way I'm doing the inverted castle for the true ending. Fuck that.

Be prepared for people to be very angry with you.

yami4ct

How often do mangas get a live action adaptation before an anime adaptation?

20th Century Boys and Liar Game are the only two I can think of off the top of my head, so it's not that often. I'm reading 20th Century Boys right now and the idea of doing that one as 3 live action films is insane to me. It's such a huge and dense work.

EDIT:

Actually, the Death Note film launched slightly before the anime. It's more of a simultaneous thing, but that's probably the most famous example.

Modern Japanese live action stuff in general doesn't seem too good. Especially television.

my history with j-drama only goes back to the late 90s, but it doesn't really seem any better or worse now. unless you're watching manga adaptations, anyway. it's all been downhill since GTO

I'm the opposite of you, I only wanted more of that atmosphere and look. It helps that the inverted castle has all new music and even though it's the same rooms, just inverted, the change in perspective make things feel very different. That soundtrack though.

Also, finally GAF is working on PC. I hate using mobile so I refused entering all day lol.

TraBuch

Banned
my history with j-drama only goes back to the late 90s, but it doesn't really seem any better or worse now. unless you're watching manga adaptations, anyway. it's all been downhill since GTO
Television's always been bad, was referring more to movies getting worse.

Suit yourself. The Richter playthrough is the actually fun part of the game.

I'm so tired of that map that nothing makes me want to replay it.

I don't find metroidvanias to be really replayable because I don't want to do all of it again so it's not really a diss to sotn though I wish the real ending was doable without the padding.

I'm the opposite of you, I only wanted more of that atmosphere and look. It helps that the inverted castle has all new music and even though it's the same room, just inverted, the change in perspective make things feel very different. That soundtrack though.

Also, finally GAF is working on PC. I hate using mobile so I refused entering all day lol.
I liked the game but I had my fill of it after I both killed and saved Richter in my first playthru. Just didn't want to play more of it at all

Alfredo

Considering how bad the production has been on these PAX panel streams so far, it's gonna be even worse than usual for the wrestling one, huh?

Television's always been bad, was referring more to movies getting worse.

oh. then yeah. the only big filmmakers making anything noteworthy these days were there in the 90's/early 00's revival. Miike, Sion Sono, Beat Takeshi...

there are still pretty good indie movies coming out but big budget productions are all complete trash anime adaptations or borderline non-existent. their film scene was so promising for about a decade and then south korea came along and basically ate their lunch. I don't know if the two are actually connected but the timelines line up too conveniently.

e: wtf is happening in this stream

e2: oh /chat has two streams running and the audio was overlapping, that makes more sense

Brashnir

Bring the otters back PLEASE

I'll do it this one time, but normally otters are reserved for Lockdown Breaks™ during E3 evening streams.

LTsv0ph.gif

hamchan

They should be mad at iga and Co for artificially inflating the playthru with that bullshit. I was already sick of the map by the end of the proper playthru, the last thing I want to do is deal with it upside now

No.

I think most people see the inverted castle as masterful game design, I know I do. It's just so impressive that they made it work so well upside down too. But anyways that's fine if you think it's padding and want to stop playing, even critically acclaimed games don't appeal to everyone.

I might go complete the game for fifth time with all this talk though. Easily one of the GOAT.

fleck0

"God bless you... as he has blessed me" said the man who trains monkeys to ride dogs to a sparse minor league baseball audience. Amen.

justjim89

BUT THE GAME IS TERRIBLE LIKE ALL WRESTLING GAMES EVER

Most wrestling games play better and make more sense than most fighting games. Give me Wrestlemania 2000 or even WWE 2k16 over anything Street Fighter.

I also think the shine has kinda wore off on Pax Wrestling. Maybe a bit because of how they work it, but also because it's a federation where everyone wants to be a cool shitty heel that betrays everyone and cheats. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

I'd be down to see some real competitive Wrestlemania 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom