• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dingleberry.
It's interesting listening to the Bombcast and PS I Love You this week, and hearing both of the discussions on Alien Nation and Housemarque. The PSILY folk tout Housemarque as one of the world's great developers (which is totally fair and their opinion), and GB recall Dead Nation as being anything from "eh" to hot garbage.

Isn't Dead Nation one of those dime-a-dozen twin stick shooters? (I had to look it up to remember what it was.) Can't imagine what would elevate it out of that forgettable pit.

Xeteh

Vinny is like... the happiest dad.

Vinny went really hard in on Fallout 4 during GOTY despite only having played 4 hours.

to be fair that 4 hours is pretty representative of the entire game

I feel like the game makes a worse impression on you the longer you go. The awful writing because more apparent as does the complete lack of anything different. All the quests are the same, its really disappointing.

Zaph

I don't agree with that at all. Its about 2 hours and 30 mins just to finish the first mission from the time you start a new game.

Maybe, but roughly from that time until the end of the game my opinion went from "this is disappointing so far" to "damn, that was a complete disappointment".

Maybe, but roughly from that time until the end of the game my opinion went from "this is disappointing so far" to "damn, that was a complete disappointment".

Agreed. I played 100 something hours of FO4 but was ultimately very disappointed with the "story"/dialogue. It was fun just exploring for awhile but that was about it for me.

Dineren

Banned
I might be remembering completely wrong, but I thought his big immediate negative impression was caused by exiting the vault and having an npc just standing there and having no reaction by the npc or pc to their current situation. That certainly doesn't change with random npcs throughout the game.

Zaph

x3XBti3.png

Strax

I might be remembering completely wrong, but I thought his big immediate negative impression was caused by exiting the vault and having an npc just standing there and having no reaction by the npc or pc to their current situation. That certainly doesn't change with random npcs throughout the game.

Yeah, you are remembering it right. While I understand its a bummer it felt like complaining about not being able to climb a certain wall in Uncharted or not being able to dual wield shields in Skyrim.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No I'm pretty sure Vinny's problem with the opening of fallout 4 is that he couldn't interact with an NPC at the start because some random fight broke scripting.

I wish I could get their hot takes on all this NX business instead of having to wait another week for the bombcast.

Sometimes I'm glad they get to wait and let a story play out a bit more, but I agree that a hot-off-the-presses take on the NX and Zelda stuff would have been interesting since the news pretty much came out fully formed.

The beastcast is tomorrow.

You're tomorrow.

TraBuch

Banned
So I went to KFC for an eight piece bucket and asked for all dark meat and they said they couldn't that. What the fuck? Is this new?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't had electricity since 2:30 this morning and may not before tomorrow, and I'm less concerned with the refrigerator full of increasingly less appetizing food and more with the Vinny stream I can't watch when I'm done with work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom