• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh

SMM
Splatoon
Galaxy

NlmDb4g.gif

I'm going to hang out in here for a bit because the Nintendo threads are very Chicken Little-esque at the moment.

Anyway, I'm thinking about teaching my nephew to build a PC. He's only 10, but I want him to know his way around these machines. I have a couple of processors and some RAM at home that I'm not using, so I think I'm going to pick up a few more pieces for a cheap first pc build. I think it'll be fun.

killroy87

Those publishers are basically trying to have their cake and eat it - planning their own thing but inherently relying on the E3 show-floor/spectacle to exist so they can orbit it. While they might not be on the show floor itself (and are happy to let the other small studios/indies take that space), they are absolutely booking meeting rooms and taking advantage of the entire industry being in one place for a week.

Should the show-floor domino effect actually jeopardise E3's existence, you can bet those publishers will come back. Why? Because it's happened before and regardless of what makes for better consumer messaging, the industry itself needs E3.

Lol I feel like this statement is just choosing to ignore the last five years of evolution in how content is consumed on the internet.

i know...

i'm actually a bit overwhelmed around here sometimes, because i got into video games pretty late in life, and haven't really owned/played a lot of the "core" games/consoles that everyone agrees on

so most discussions i just nod my head and go yep, that must have been a cool game
Don't worry, I might have you beat. I've owned 1 Nintendo console and that's a Wii U.

kvk1

Don't worry, I might have you beat. I've owned 1 Nintendo console and that's a Wii U.

Nintendo just seems like one of those companies where if you haven't kept up with their catalog over the years, you're sort of "out of the loop" on a large portion of the broader video games zeitgeist.

Both the hardware and software they offer never seemed to stop being unique to the spirit of their hard to replicate brand.

Which is kind of cool? I don't know.

Home consoles only, portable is top tier as always but ehhhhhh

You're missing like a ton of great Gamecube games, stuff like Metroid, Pikmin, Paper Mario, F-Zero, Zelda, Monkey Ball, the list goes on. I liked tons of Wii games too, Galaxy duology is the peak but things like No More Heroes, Prime 3, Xenoblade, Red Steel 2, Skyward Sword etc are absolutely worth playing.

Anyway that's my view. Definitely been more than 3 must-play games between the Cube, Wii and Wii U.

Nintendo just seems like one of those companies where if you haven't kept up with their catalog over the years, you're sort of "out of the loop" on a large portion of the broader video games zeitgeist.

Both the hardware and software they offer never seemed to stop being unique to the spirit of their hard to replicate brand.

Which is kind of cool? I don't know.
It's always been odd to me because not only did I not own a Nintendo console but I also never knew a single person who owned one so I've had zero exposure to most of their titles despite how important they are.

You're missing like a ton of great Gamecube games, stuff like Metroid, Pikmin, Paper Mario, F-Zero, Zelda, Monkey Ball, the list goes on. I liked tons of Wii games too, Galaxy duology is the peak but things like No More Heroes, Prime 3, Xenoblade, Red Steel 2, Skyward Sword etc are absolutely worth playing.

Anyway that's my view. Definitely been more than 3 must-play games between the Cube, Wii and Wii U.
I really need to play the Prime Trilogy sometime...

Zocano

I've never said/written this before but I think the Mario Galaxy concept/hooks/gimmicks are all terrible and is by far my least fav. Mario game.

Right there with you. I thought Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were a huuuuuuuuge step back from 64 and Sunshine (Sunshine is my favorite in the series).

Large exploratory levels are the best and Galaxy 1 and 2 are just rail-roady obstacle courses that just aren't that fun. The gimmick felt like it didn't add a lot.

Does it generally work pretty well out of the box or does it require a lot of configuration per game?

It's a game-by-game basis. Some don't work at all, some need some tinkering, some work right away. I haven't tried many, mostly just Wind Waker. I have no idea how Mario Galaxy works.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They showed the map for that new Doom and it is the most reassured I've been about the game since announcement.

It is an incredibly Doom looking map

justjim89

There's so much good shit in the new Hitman episode, y'all. At this point, if Dan and Brad play for any length of time they'll be tripping over opportunities and cool moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom