• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nendoroids though.

Also still love my danbo.

I hope you feel bad for making me google that.

Plastic statues like Amiibo and Skylanders are overpriced and pretty junky. Higher end action figures are absolutely awesome. The Transformers MP line and Bandai's SH FIguarts line are like works of art.

I think you're going out of your way to discredit works of art which tend to make people feel things. Things that exist just to look pretty cool are garbage friend.

@DanRyckert

ChGEyVWUkAAp18k.jpg:medium
It's cool and all, but...

...he'll never have a Waluigi Shelf.

yami4ct

I hope you feel bad for making me google that.

I think you're going out of your way to discredit works of art which tend to make people feel things. Things that exist just to look pretty cool are garbage friend.

Those two things in particular do make me feel things. I feel a sense of amazement every time I look at the shelf. The detail of the figuarts line pretty much look like you have mini versions of the actual suits on your shelf. The MP Transformers line feels just like those classic G1 characters stepped off the screen.

Not to mention the sheer engineering that goes into the MP line. Transforming those things always gives me a huge appreciation for the designers that worked on them.

Salarians

I hate to break it to Dan but he is pretty San Francisco.

You are not excused because you like Thin Lizzy.
One day, Dan will wake up on his Taco Bell periscope shirt money bed, walk past his growing collection of electronic video game statuettes, and gaze at himself in the mirror while getting ready to go to his job where he lies on the ground and gets covered in pogs for entertainment.

And in that moment, he will realize he has become a San Francisco uber hipster.

Or maybe not.

Those two things in particular do make me feel things. I feel a sense of amazement every time I look at the shelf. The detail of the figuarts line pretty much look like you have mini versions of the actual suits on your shelf. The MP Transformers line feels just like those classic G1 characters stepped off the screen.

Not to mention the sheer engineering that goes into the MP line. Transforming those things always gives me a huge appreciation for the designers that worked on them.

Okay, maybe I was being a little factious. That fact you enjoy such immaculate design is rad.

Tip of the day: Don't fight giants. It's never a good idea.

Giants are slow as fuck and utterly free. The thing you don't want to fight are SFV players with 2k LP than you.

yami4ct

Okay, maybe I was being a little factious. That fact you enjoy such immaculate design is rad.

I got that and was playing along. Haha. I'll take any opportunity to explain why I think action figures are legit awesome.
It's probably a bit of self justification for the money I've spent.

I have an appreciation for the artistic detail put into good statue figures as well, they just have never been my thing. Amiibo and Skylanders seem particularly poor to me. The sculpt and paint quality is very inconsistent and the price is absurdly high for what you get.

Dan just posted this video and HOOOLLYY SHIITTTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWAtMQs0NY

Yeah I heard but I actually just found the last 3...Phew... I'm done with that planet!

No wonder everyone hates millennials

I hate millennials

is that like a self-hate thing

Oh my god the tornado guy

what hte fuck

this is getting worse

Oh my god, I cannot believe there is such a thing as this getting worse

Oh my god the girl just insulted everyone

Oh my god this entrepreneur guy

Wow they're dodging a screen behind them

Funny cat videos and gangnam style oh my god

"can you dig it" don't ruin that line

THEY ALL TRANSFORMED INTO AN OLD PERSON

yami4ct

I make all my action figure comments with this scene on the table in front of me. Maybe I'm too far gone.

The detail of the sculpts combined with the high posablity lets you get so much personality out of each of those figures. There's really something super cool about having a 3D version of a character you love or a design you appreciate sitting in front of you. It's hard to describe, but it's a feeling I don't get from most other things. It isn't just about the OCD of collecting physical sets of goods for me.

yami4ct

I see MP Ratchet! Mine is coming tomorrow -- can't wait.

He's great! MP Ironhide is still my favorite figure of the year and the Ratchet version is just as damn cool. Only issue I'd say I have is the shoulder crosses being stickers. Sadly, that was unavoidable due to legal reasons. Takara had to either tampo an imperfect altered version or give you altered stickers where you can cut the crosses out yourself. He looks plain without them, so I'd definitely recommend either using the altered ones or cutting the squared corners off the crosses and get a perfect G1 look.

pizzacat

Banned

Giants are slow as fuck and utterly free. The thing you don't want to fight are SFV players with 2k LP than you.
I've seen a lot of those in battle lounges, the free ones got them with RQ but then there's always that mika or Ryu who steals my soul who fought hard for the points

yami4ct

I'm not sure how much Vinny playing Fallout 4 I can watch. It's just so fucking boring. That's kinda the worst thing a game can even be in my opinion. Better bad and interesting than mediocre/bad and boring.

Jintor

i played like 30-40 hours of fallout and i'd really like my time back if at all possible

honestly i think about games like fallout and metal gear 5 and these days I just think "man... fuck. I wasted all that fucking time"

Jintor

the scary thing is i'm close to thinking that about all video games sometimes, but then i stick my fingers in my ears and scream until the feeling passes

not actually serious so don't quote me neogaf shitposting twitter account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom