• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

As I recall, weren't stats in Skyrim already reduced to equipment? I don't recall actually ever touching the base stats of my character.

And then that thinking infected other games like Dragon Age, and I got sad. Especially when you hit the fade in Inquisition and get stat point increases and I'm wondering why I should care since the game does everything it can to hide those base stats in the first place, as compared to the first game where you could have multiple different types of builds and gaining stat points was important in deciding the equipment you can wear.

However, I'm still that terrible person that loved Skyrim, and really like Fallout 4 and loves Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I truly am that person that everybody hates and I'm ok with that.
DA:I is such a weird thing in that regard. To me (and I'd say the majority of the "hardcore" audience) it's very "dumbed down" compared to its DA:O, and even DA2 in some regards (namely the complete removal of the AI tactics editing). At the same time, I know people who aren't exactly "casual" that I couldn't recommend it to; they'd still be extremely overwhelmed by it all and would probably give up after an hour or two.

But I still managed to put 200+ hours into it, despite being disappointed with a lot of aspects of it...

Patryn

if they downgrade the next Elder Scrolls im going to be pissed.

The hugeness and the mass amount of quests were awesome in Skyrim.

Please dont dumb the game down.

Barring getting rid of levels, there's not really much more they can do to dumb it down. At this point there's very little that separates something like Far Cry from Elder Scrolls, barring the setting and the number of quests.

shittiest dog companion in a game 2015, possibly all of all time

had a tendency to run into my gunfire or be totally lost and never turn up again

worst dogmeat

You sent him to a place where you hadn't built a doghouse. If you do that, Dogmeat ends up in limbo. To get him to reappear, simply build a doghouse in the place you sent him to, leave the location and then come back. He'll be there.

It's a major problem of the game that they don't really explain that mechanic of requiring a doghouse at any location you send him to at all.

Jintor

Barring getting rid of levels, there's not really much more they can do to dumb it down. At this point there's very little that separates something like Far Cry from Elder Scrolls, barring the setting and the number of quests.

i would play far cry 2 set in a fantasy universe

Fallout 4 was the first time I saw the backlash for a bethesda game finally go from a vocal minority to being more general.

It was glorious. Their writing has been terrible for over a generation and it was great to see that people are coming around to realizing it for what it is and no longer allowing them to skate on it. All you had to do is play New Vegas to see what a decently written open world Bethesda game should be.

but even NV got some things wrong i guess

50385-2-1369259681.jpg

popo

This is a great quote from a review of the new Ratchet and Clank movie

"Ratchet & Clank was apparently pieced together with all the discernment and care of a fox dragging a torn bin bag around a garden”

Robbie Collin

pizzacat

Banned
Fallout 4 was the first time I saw the backlash for a bethesda game finally go from a vocal minority to being more general.

It was glorious. Their writing has been terrible for over a generation and it was great to see that people are coming around to realizing it for what it is and no longer allowing them to skate on it. All you had to do is play New Vegas to see what a decently written open world Bethesda game should be.

If you were built for sniping these things were annihilated, it's the things that run up to you at flash level speeds and just get in your face and attack you like if it's a turn based jrpg that fuck me over

pizzacat

Banned
This remaster will prove that COD4 is the socom 2 of its time and no one will actually play it.

Keep your memories guys

Learned that the hard way with gears ue

This remaster will prove that COD4 is the socom 2 of its time and no one will actually play it.

Keep your memories guys

Learned that the hard way with gears ue
COD 4 multiplayer definitely still holds up, single player probably not so much but that multiplayer is still probably the best it's been in the series.

Regardless I don't expect much from the remaster, I'm expecting it to be campaign only.

pizzacat

Banned
But gears UE was terrific especially the MP stuff.
It made me hate gears 1, I can't go back. Seeing the same problems it had in 06 (and even the gears 4 beta has these problems) just saddens me. The player base it has now is just too easy to play anyway. But the game will find a way for me to take the L anyway haha

It's a well made remaster or remake or whatever but, the thing that I always wanted before gears 3 came out and I hate it and that sucks lol.

But she's such a nice lady who decided to spare you...

Yeah but I'm just freeing her from her misery or something. It doesn't matter, dude skipped all the boss fights in the painted world. Dark Souls 1 won.

Wait a minute, since when did SOCOM 2 redefine an entire genre?
Since the moment PS2 gamers didn't realize they were playing a crap counterstrike clone
COD 4 multiplayer definitely still holds up, single player probably not so much but that multiplayer is still probably the best it's been in the series.

Regardless I don't expect much from the remaster, I'm expecting it to be campaign only.

COD4 still has the best maps in the series. Crash, Overgrown, Crossfire, Strike, Wet Work, shit the maps were so good that MW2 went back and threw a few of them into its map packs because why not

It made me hate gears 1, I can't go back. Seeing the same problems it had in 06 (and even the gears 4 beta has these problems) just saddens me. The player base it has now is just too easy to play anyway. But the game will find a way for me to take the L anyway haha

It's a well made remaster or remake or whatever but, the thing that I always wanted before gears 3 came out and I hate it and that sucks lol.
I mean if you didn't really like gears then there isn't much that a remake of gears 1 is going to do for you. As someone who has played all of these games, the Gears 1 MP was perfectly done in UE except for the first few weeks where the shotgun was busted. That got fixed though, plays great now

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm looking forward to the Hitman QL but I probably won't watch it until I've beaten the mission myself which will take some time cause I want to finish Dark Souls 3 before I buy it.

Rorie actually talked about the Cazador at one point. It was Obsidians way of telling you "Hey, maybe you shouldn't be here at this point" without actually stopping you from going there.

demidar

Rorie actually talked about the Cazador at one point. It was Obsidians way of telling you "Hey, maybe you shouldn't be here at this point" without actually stopping you from going there.

I thought that was Deathclaw Alley (which you could still get through easily if you had a stealthboy)

pizzacat

Banned
The thing is I love gears 1 mp, but I guess I don't want it anymore now that I've played gears 3?

Idk I might return to it after gears 4 beta is over, hopefully the player base got better.

Also the new game mode coalition put in has me worried about new gears modes in 4, it's not good, they don't seem to understand the old modes either

4 round execution? KOTH 2 rounds with high cap numbers? Idk. Maybe they're trying to get people to get seriously faster with the latter

I played some CoD4 mp just a few years ago, it totally still holds up. it's a testament to less being more. good maps, good balance, not just a mountain of bullshit stacked on top. back when the game was actually still primarily about killing the other team yourself and not gaming the killstreak system. to this day, still probably the majority of the best maps in the entire series.

Shipment is the best map.

hardcore Shipment is some of the most hilarious fun you can have in that game.

Best class for Shipment = Frag x3, Juggernaut, Martyrdom and an M60.
Ewe.

I have a weird nostalgia for that map that was pretty big with a lot of high grass that had a barn on one side of it. Hardcore on that map was some of the best fun I ever had in a shooter not named Halo.

Overgrown, probably a top 3 map for that game.

The thing is I love gears 1 mp, but I guess I don't want it anymore now that I've played gears 3?

Idk I might return to it after gears 4 beta is over, hopefully the player base got better.

Also the new game mode coalition put in has me worried about new gears modes in 4, it's not good, they don't seem to understand the old modes either

4 round execution? KOTH 2 rounds with high cap numbers? Idk. Maybe they're trying to get people to get seriously faster with the latter
Gears 1 MP to Gears 3 MP is like COD4 to MW2 for me: both are great but the simplicity of the older game remains appealing to me even if the latter plays better. Though the great thing about having bought gears UE is that now i have all of the gears games on the XB1 so i can jump around and play whatever I prefer at the moment.

However, that Gears 4 beta was pretty shit. Those maps, man, theyre fucking awful. Like made in a map editor awful.

Coketruck

I hope the guys do something with Duelyst soon. ( never played it while it was in open beta, but when I heard this morning that it was officially "out", I decided to give it a shot. Holy crap, what a fun game.

Houndi101

Listening to the email section of the newest Bombcast and it got me thinking, do Giant Bomb guys know everyone at Microsoft in same way they are familiar with Boyes and Drake?

Listening to the email section of the newest Bombcast and it got me thinking, do Giant Bomb guys know everyone at Microsoft in same way they are familiar with Boyes and Drake?

No I don't think so.

They were friends with Boyes and Drake before they moved to Sony. Just the way it's shaken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom