• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will continue to not play the Souls games, I suppose.

well, if you saw the Breaking Bad for DS then you would've caught that but just in case: Demon's Souls is basically stages, like these old castlevania games, only you need to complete them from beginning to end in one shot. No checkpoints, no lives, you need to make it all the way to the end of the stage AND kill a boss in one go.

Of course there are plenty of differences, like you can level up and you have healing items, but on the surface they're really similar

Curufinwe

Austin was saying that the chat was complimenting their colors and that people could distinguish Vinny's black shirt with his black laptop, and Austin ended with "No crushed blacks."

Vinny sort of sheepishly said "Thaaat's...my favorite movement............Take that Donald Trump."

Austin nearly *headdesked*.

It's OK for him to say that since he's a person of color... blindness.

I actually did play through most of Dark Souls 1 when it came to PC. There's a lot to love, but the games just aren't for me.

Dark Souls is different than Demon's as it's more like an open world compared to Demon's, which has a series of stages you have to conquer.

I kinda wish they went back to Demon's wrt its hub and spoke design and single life playthroughs. That game was more intense than like 90% of the horror games I've played.

pizzacat

Banned
Man it's crazy relistening to old podcasts where they praise telltale for releasing games on time and talking about hl ep2 as if 3 is around the corner

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
In recent years, Brad's increasing adoration of getting random in-game item from chests has become worrying.
I think it's pretty fascinating that some of the more vicious f2p mechanics and XP loops like in Destiny or The Division still work for people with decades of video game experience. You would think it would lose some of its effectiveness, but sometimes it feels like the opposite.

Frith

trying to workshop a "sign the drac ULA" pun

you guys interested in supporting my patreon? i'm sure i can really get this pun scrolling along with a little work.

tuxfool

Banned
I think it's pretty fascinating that some of the more vicious f2p mechanics and XP loops like in Destiny or The Division still work for people with decades of video game experience. You would think it would lose some of its effectiveness, but sometimes it feels like the opposite.

It very much depends on the person. Such things do absolutely nothing for me.

Castlevania peaked with Simon's Quest imo

giphy.gif

you dont make millions of dollars a day without a deep understanding of human nature

yami4ct

I wasn't going to get PS+ again this year, but turns out I forgot to turn off auto renew!

Oh well, guess it's another year of PS+ for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom