• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened? I missed and only saw them nervous.

Austin was saying that the chat was complimenting their colors and that people could distinguish Vinny's black shirt with his black laptop, and Austin ended with "No crushed blacks."

Vinny sort of sheepishly said "Thaaat's...my favorite movement............Take that Donald Trump."

Austin nearly *headdesked*.

SOTN is piss easy compared to classic Vania but I hope they do it anyway because it puts a nice bow on Rondo of Blood.

Plus the soundtrack is killer. Replaying it right now and its so good.

I'd accept SOTN being the last one. It's the perfect way to end the series, with it being both a sequel to Rondo and the first Metroidvania in the series. But, also, watching someone play a metroidvania would be equal parts frustrating and annoying so I'd rather they end it there, too.

Bowlie

Banned
Austin was saying that the chat was complimenting their colors and that people could distinguish Vinny's black shirt with his black laptop, and Austin ended with "No crushed blacks."

Vinny sort of sheepishly said "Thaaat's...my favorite movement............Take that Donald Trump."

Austin nearly *headdesked*.

fuck. yeah, I reacted in a similar way :p

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
brad is surprisingly wrong about the game being pay 2 win

after you spend money on a chest and get some crazy cards, two things will happen:

1. you'll rise up one, maybe two arenas
2. once you have, everything will be just the same as before as you're pitted against people with the same crazy cards as you

that's why you shouldn't spend money on the game

This... is exactly what pay to win means? The more you spend money, the faster you gain cards, the faster you level up, the more you win. Once you hit the people who are at your current level you're incentivized to spend yet more cash to get a leg up on them, repeat ad nauseam.

I didn't say it's not a treadmill, but the A-to-B of more money = more powerful units is what the entire game is built around. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

daydream

Banned
This... is exactly what pay to win means? The more you spend money, the faster you gain cards, the faster you level up, the more you win. Once you hit the people who are at your current level you're incentivized to spend yet more cash to get a leg up on them, repeat ad nauseam.

I didn't say it's not a treadmill, but the A-to-B of more money = more powerful units is what the entire game is built around. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

my point was that the 'to win' part will be very short-lived but i guess you're right in that it's pretty much always like that. just wanted to emphasise that spending money on this particular game is a bad idea (coming from someone who has)

Myggen

Yeah, I would say that the game is pay 2 win, but even more pointless than usual with those kind of games because of what you guys point out. It almost feels like level scaling in a way.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I wonder how many tries it'll take vinny. Shaft ghost is pretty tricky

justjim89

How much do I have to pay to win the prize of HitDan: Brad Money being a thing?

Kelas

Just tuning in, I can't help but notice we're still running across this bat bridge.

They've gotten to the boss, but it throws you all the way back to the start on game over. And it's probably the toughest boss in the game.

Kelas

They need to keep bouncing shaft to the left asap. Jumping over the bull thing is easier than dodging the dragon. Also I found it easier using the boomerang; it's good for clearing out bats as it goes across and back.

Here's a fun nugget for those who have played SOTN but not Rondo (spoilers)
If you got good at taking out Dracula in the opening with Richter, you can pretty much wreck him at the end of Rondo because that fight is nearly identical to the one in SOTN

it's one of those things i really appreciate about SOTN and Rondo

I kind of like those Voodoo chips but I can only eat one or two at a time and I never even finish the small bags. they're just so overpowering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom