• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, it's not like they have ever advertised their streams that much, and it seems like it's embargo fuckery that makes them unable to say specifically?

Dude, that Confessions album was gigantic.

I mean I'd probably recognize a bunch of his songs (like the one Twin Tails posted above) but I couldn't tell who's performing them.
Cool that they are going all out for a launch stream but, in true GB fashion, they let themselves down promoting it.

Obscure title and only mentioning it on a premium feed isn't going to help get the viewers. There is considerably more hype on GAF than their own site. When y'all post a thread on it, I suspect half the comments will be "I had no idea this was happening".
It's really weird that the nature of the stream is seemingly under embargo. I don't understand who that benefits.

I mean, it's not like they have ever advertised their streams that much, and it seems like it's embargo fuckery that makes them unable to say specifically?

There definitely seemed to be some sort of embargo based on how they danced around talking about the stream. Besides, there will be archives that they'll probably mention next bombcast.

popo

RE: Vinnyvania. I had assumed "Shaft" and "Ghost Shaft" were just nicknames the guys had given that boss - rather than the actual name of the enemy. Kudos to you random Konami localizer.

It is consistent with them not advertising their stuff lately but it wasn't always the case. The first and second BLLSL even had pre-roll video ads and they have hyped console launch day streams in the past.

It's really weird that the nature of the stream is seemingly under embargo. I don't understand who that benefits.

If it really is under embargo - the very mention of the product - I would have thought they would be mocking it - like they do with the video restrictions Nintendo often imposes. They usually call out the dumbest of PR bullshit. I am still not convinced it is that at all.

There definitely seemed to be some sort of embargo based on how they danced around talking about the stream. Besides, there will be archives that they'll probably mention next bombcast.

Sure they will get eyes on it eventually, but it is those big live stream numbers that excite corporate - even if they don't make money off of it. The audience that will turn up for a live stream is what differentiates GB from sites like Gamespot. Hard to get people in if they don't know it is happening.

Myggen

Cool that they are going all out for a launch stream but, in true GB fashion, they let themselves down promoting it.

Obscure title and only mentioning it on a premium feed isn't going to help get the viewers. There is considerably more hype on GAF than their own site. When y'all post a thread on it, I suspect half the comments will be "I had no idea this was happening".

There seems to be an embargo that doesn't let them mention what the stream is gonna be. Not easy to advertise it then other than put it on the schedule.

If there wasn't an embargo they would've said what the stream was at the end of UPF.

Myggen

If it really is under embargo - the very mention of the product - I would have thought they would be mocking it - like they do with the video restrictions Nintendo often imposes. They usually call out the dumbest of PR bullshit. I am still not convinced it is that at all.

Jeff did mock it probably as much as he could without saying there was an embargo at the end of UPF.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like the title itself is mocking the whole thing.

Also the numerous "What could it possibly beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" *shrug shoulders*

The temptation to pay money in Clash Royale is pretty potent. I already spent 79p.

I've joined a GB Clan, so now I have something to do every now and then but I accidentally opened a 12 hour chest and now I'm full so either need to spend money or waste time playing games I won't get anything. Kind of frustrating.

V.R. the Nation. Of Domination.
sdDIG5K.gif

popo

Jeff did mock it probably as much as he could without saying there was an embargo at the end of UPF.

I feel like the title itself is mocking the whole thing.

Also the numerous "What could it possibly beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" *shrug shoulders*

Yea even the picture used in the schedule makes it obvious what's its about

Hard to tell if that is Jeff mocking us or mocking the PR restrictions. It certainly makes sense that they would say if they could say - I just find it hard to believe that Oculus could be that dumb. I guess we will find out Monday. I am looking forward to it as I have the day off. Thanks Jesus!

I have a day off Monday so I can watch the stream all day but my thesis is due Tuesday. What to do? I suppose I could work really hard today to get it done....

justjim89

The Avalon stream was so great from start to finish. Dan ruining the first game when he's the one that played the most, Mary and Danny's master ruse in game two, and them instantly figuring out who was evil in game three but still losing.

I want another Avalon stream.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Clash Royale man, QL finally made me cave - I've withstood weeks of persuasion attempts from my wife who's a super hard core player.

What if they set up a VR camera perspective somewhere on set that premium subscribers could have access to, like that stupid stadium seating thing some places were thinking of doing.

My guess the stream will be about Oculus Rift or it could also be about both it and Vive(ships April 5th so unlikely but who knows). Jeff mentioned in UPF during Trackmania how it's not the case when it comes to VR working with Trackmania and that they'll get into it more in the near future.

Myggen

My guess the stream will be about Oculus Rift or it could also be about both it and Vive(ships April 5th so unlikely but who knows). Jeff mentioned in UPF during Trackmania how it's not the case when it comes to VR working with Trackmania and that they'll get into it more in the near future.

I think it's pretty clear that it will be an Oculus launch stream. They might do some other stuff too, but that will clearly be the focus given the date of the stream.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think it's pretty clear that it will be an Oculus launch stream. They might do some other stuff too, but that will clearly be the focus given the date of the stream.
Hopefully they order lunch on the stream in VR.

I just spent a fiver on Clash Royale then in my next match I got disconnected and lost in a couple seconds when I reconnected.

Those are unrelated of course but I can't help but feel the universe is trying to tell me something.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've always been confused. Is he wishing happy Easter to his Xbox? To another's Xbox? To the Xbox division of Microsoft? To the Xbox community? So many questions for such a short (but intriguing) clip.

Frith

for a jeff summer lesson they need to clip a small camera with close focus to the headset pointing at jeffs lips

horrible fullscreen lip licking ultimate creeper cam

Frith

I've always been confused. Is he wishing happy Easter to his Xbox? To another's Xbox? To the Xbox division of Microsoft? To the Xbox community? So many questions for such a short (but intriguing) clip.

i just found this tweet https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/325279661334614017

john drake shot this!?

must have been some harmonix thing.

i don't know if its better or worse that its from some one who knows what's up.

i've always wondered what kind of corporate tone deaf nightmare would produce this vid.

The Avalon stream was so great from start to finish. Dan ruining the first game when he's the one that played the most, Mary and Danny's master ruse in game two, and them instantly figuring out who was evil in game three but still losing.

Yes please! I just played it for the first time in a while on Friday and that game is so good. Perfect stream material.

Brashnir

Maybe they will do a Secret Hitler stream when that game comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom