• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll say what I say every time Bethesda discussion comes up, which is that you could just play Shivering Isles, which all (/ most of) the fun of Morrowind's world but with actually reasonable mechanics.

Do I have to go through oblivion first though?

Also part of me still find morrowind's dated graphics charming in a way but thinks that oblivion has aged like absolute shit.

Mr. F

Banned
As much as I'd like to like the old Lucasarts games, they just don't jive with me. Aside from the Day of the Tentacle remaster art looking plain bad (imo) I get the sense the pacing and writing and performances are something you had to have grown up with to appreciate.

MG310

Re-watching the Fallout 4 Quicklook...

I realized that I just played 8h of the game and I kinda don't want to go back....but I still miss it?

Like I miss doing quests in the fallout world, the combat, the exploration and discovery... The dumb and weird encounters in the wasteland etc etc. All that stuff is fucking great in Bethesda games.

However the weapon crafting, the base building, the new leveling system.... Ugh... I dunno... It's kinda overwhelming and a complete buzzkill.

It's fucking bumming me off. I'm almost tempted to re-install Skyrim for some reason... Or Fallout 3 even

I could see that .

Plus if you want that "Get a settlement to 100 happiness" the base building system turns into the most tedious garbage - requiring you to build 20+ of the same expensive shop.

I didn't really engage with the weapons crafting too much either...never felt like I was missing anything even though I was just using things that I picked up out in the world.

I should go back and do more New Vegas DLC. Only one I played was Dead Money.

Megasoum

Banned
Man Fallout 3 really looks like a fucking mess in Windows 10... Tempted to just buy it for 5$ on XBL and play on my Xbox 1. Too bad that it's 5$ for the regular version and not the GOTY one

Doop

I'll say what I say every time Bethesda discussion comes up, which is that you could just play Shivering Isles, which all (/ most of) the fun of Morrowind's world but with actually reasonable mechanics.

Nah man. Shivering Isles doesn't have crazy giant bugs that are used as public transportation, weird mushroom wizards, and an antagonistic cult that creates weird furniture sculptures in their bases. I think Shivering Isles is the best Oblivion has to offer, but Morrowind really stands out.

Do I have to go through oblivion first though?

Also part of me still find morrowind's dated graphics charming in a way but thinks that oblivion has aged like absolute shit.
Oblivion level-scales the shit out of everything* so you could pretty much just go straight to the expansion content if you wanted

*so much so, in fact, that players who don't know how to level effectively will, paradoxically, make the game harder for themselves by leveling up

BearPawB

Banned
Clash Royale is fine.
But i don't think the guild stuff is very fun/compelling.

For a game based on a game about being in clans...i feel weirdly socially disconnected

Antiwhippy

Man, I really want to play morrowind now.

To me the Bethesda open world rpg pecking order is morrowind > new Vegas > skyrim > fo3

Doop

Ok ok you guys win... I'll buy Morrowind...

I assume the Sound and Graphics overhaul mod is worth it?

It's up to you. Personally I love the old faces and think the updated faces lose some of the charm, but also I won't deny that I am in the minority.

Does someone need a banner for the VR thread or am I on standby?

Make one, I'll use it if no one else is going to make the thread since it's 5PM my time so I'm already off on monday and free for the rest of the day. I'll use the banner "Another Quality Live Broadcast from Your Friends at Giant Bomb" + the Jeff matrix image and then put the timings + link in the OP.

However, that all depends if no one is going to make the thread unless they're already waking up early or something.

It's up to you. Personally I love the old faces and think the updated faces lose some of the charm, but also I won't deny that I am in the minority.

Yeah, for me I like to stick with resolution changes and unlimited draw distance. I try to avoid the actual "replacement" graphics mods.

I think the big Morrowind graphics mod pack lets you pick and chose what you want to include when you run it. Been a while since I've dabbled with it, however.

Megasoum

Banned
Well I can't get the VPN to work for some reason... So I think I might actually just watch Skyrim Marathon Pre-Show - Part 01: Morrowind instead while Fallout 3 is downloading on the XB1.

Actually I'm not even sure I've watched that stream before...

Edit: Morrowind is 7$ on Bundle Star... All right all right

Well I can't get the VPN to work for some reason... So I think I might actually just watch Skyrim Marathon Pre-Show - Part 01: Morrowind instead while Fallout 3 is downloading on the XB1.

Actually I'm not even sure I've watched that stream before...

Watching that stream will probably just make you want Morrowind more.

Antiwhippy

May I submit this as the banner for the monday stream?

6HqyR1z.gif

FStop7

Banned
The Division's pretty solid. My only real complaint's that the bullet sponge enemies can really be a downer. It's not fun dumping mag after mag into what are supposed to be normal human beings. Especially when mag changes are kinda slow and your character isn't even remotely as durable .

pizzacat

Banned
Looks good. . I'd use it if no one is making the thread on monday so, tell me.

Edit: Looks good without a " Another Quality Live Broadcast from Your Friends at Giant Bomb " title the more I think about it.
If I'm not posting here like 2 hours before the thing you got it but I'm trying to stay awake

You do it actually I'll be there

If I'm not posting here like 2 hours before the thing you got it but I'm trying to stay awake

I'm free on Monday so, we'll see what happens. I'll wait until it's like 1 hour to 30 minutes before the stream starts so if you're there then you make the thread, if not then I'll make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom