• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm currently re-watching all the Rocky movies (starting 3 right now) and I just remembered that There's a Film and 40 of Rocky 4..... Fuckin' A!

AcridMeat

Banned
Man that Trackmania Turbo QL made me want that game. Then I think back to Trackmania 2 and how crazy they did that game. Is there still anyone playing that?
Is there a GB Gaf clan in Royale?

I am hooked.
I'm having fun with it as well. As harsh as the chest unlock mechanic is, it actually keeps me from playing too much.

Wait there's a QL for it? Oh man I can't wait to watch and judge Brad for his bad deck.

Man that Trackmania Turbo QL made me want that game. Then I think back to Trackmania 2 and how crazy they did that game. Is there still anyone playing that?

There's actually a healthy population burst every time Jeff brings it up on GB, for Trackmania 2 Stadium. The Giant Bomb Unofficial server is currently up and running and tends to have a fair number of people playing.

As much as I enjoy Trackmania Turbo's visuals, it was real sad to see it on UPF. It's just a console port when it could be so much more.

How bad is The Crew? Is there any semblance of fun to be had if it's $5-10?
Oh man if we can get enough people I'll hop. Right now I'm in just "GAF" and there's plenty of nice donating folks.

I enjoyed The Crew a lot. It takes a bit to get going as the starting cars by design handle kinda bad. It's a solid racing game though and it's cool having such a massive world to drive around in.

Clan is up and so far it's just me, haha. Come and join!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm starting to become convinced that I had some sort of alien abduction incident shortly after hearing about The Crew for the first time because up until The Division came out I thought they were the same game and I just read multiple posts wondering why anybody was talking about the old Sega/Bizarre Creations shooter.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's actually a healthy population burst every time Jeff brings it up on GB, for Trackmania 2 Stadium. The Giant Bomb Unofficial server is currently up and running and tends to have a fair number of people playing.

As much as I enjoy Trackmania Turbo's visuals, it was real sad to see it on UPF. It's just a console port when it could be so much more.
Oh nice! Now if I can just remember how the hell I install it, I will!
I enjoyed The Crew a lot. It takes a bit to get going as the starting cars by design handle kinda bad. It's a solid racing game though and it's cool having such a massive world to drive around in.
Oh it's just the starting cars that handled poorly? About how long did it take to move on from them?
why anybody was talking about the old Sega/Bizarre Creations shooter.
Holy crap I completely forgot that game existed. I actually had fun with the demo way back when.

Oh it's just the starting cars that handled poorly? About how long did it take to move on from them?

Probably a couple of hours? I forget to be honest. I know it takes a while to get going. I really liked having to jump between the different car types though and it handles arcadey enough that I enjoyed it.

Holy crap I completely forgot that game existed. I actually had fun with the demo way back when.

I legit had to look at my shelf to double check if it was actually also called "The Crew".

Myggen

"Hex iD 4 minutes ago
I don't get it, is this a review? Or has someone paid off Gamespot to tell us how good this game is?"

There was a guy in the comments of the Clash Royale QL on the site who was convinced that GB had started covering games for money, and said he would stop being a premium member.

Reminded me of the people who thought TNT was a sponsored feature back in the day.

"Stardew Valley Will Make You A Happier Person"

I can attest to that. I've made the perfect way to play this game, walk on the treadmill while playing via the 360 controller. It's perfect. Working out has never been better, now I don't have to wait for the summer when there's no games to play this game.

Edit:

ds37 5 minutes ago
DJ Khaled already told me I had to water my plants this morning.

I forgot that he's been playing Stardew Valley before any of us ever did.

I can attest to that. I've made the perfect way to play this game, walk on the treadmill while playing via the 360 controller. It's perfect. Working out has never been better, now I don't have to wait for the summer when there's no games to play this game.

Edit:

ds37 5 minutes ago
DJ Khaled already told me I had to water my plants this morning.

I forgot that he's been playing Stardew Valley before any of us ever did.

Stardew Valley's title screen splash should be contender for best moment of the year. It's so serene and peaceful; all my worries just melt away.

oti

Banned
Well he's not wrong.

Remember how Dota 2 wasn't much of a thing before on the site and then BAM something like daily Dota streams from Brad.

Remember how amiibo are the most popular video game franchise ever and the sole reason F-Zero will never come back and BAAM Dan suddenly likes amiibo.

Remember when wrestling something something BAAAM that weird card game Jeff something.

#
followthemoney

AcridMeat

Banned

That's genius. I'd love to get Stardew but I know I'd get sucked into it and not do anything else. Being able to work out at the same time sounds great.
Can't help you there. I bought it on Steam, and it saved all my profile information and custom sounds/cars.
Yeah, I bought it before it was added to Steam, such a huge mistake.
Probably a couple of hours? I forget to be honest. I know it takes a while to get going. I really liked having to jump between the different car types though and it handles arcadey enough that I enjoyed it.
Hm, maybe some day. That's a bit of a grind to get somewhere that isn't frustrating.

yami4ct

Eh, West would need to find a better DM in order to do any more roleplaying games. Rorie doesn't have the chops to hold a game together.

I don't think the West crew is good enough at improv-ing to work with Dan, even with a much better DM than Rorie. You'd need an amazing game runner to guide a group of new players when one of the members actively wants to burn everything to the ground.

That's genius. I'd love to get Stardew but I know I'd get sucked into it and not do anything else. Being able to work out at the same time sounds great.

It's fantastic especially since it isn't an intense game. Just get the 360 wireless adapter, a 360 controller and you're pretty much good to go. As Dan said, it has that "just one more day" thing but you'll end up doing 100 days before realizing it.

My favorite Giant Bomb dynamic is when Dan asks a question about internet culture or Japanese culture and Jeff knows the answer but he's too embarrassed to explain it so he just says "It's not... it's not worth knowing."

Protome

I always got the impression that Dan was fully aware of the things he was asking about but knows that asking annoys Jeff. Similar to how it's clear that spending a quarter of every UPF with Dan browsing the internet is annoying him.

Or Jeff is acting annoyed but actually finds it hilarious. That wouldn't surprise me either.

Myggen

o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom