• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I think this stream broke me. Haven't watched for about 15 minutes now and still feel sick. I don't ever get motion sick, does it usually stick around for a bit?

It might have just gotten me so bad because I'm also trying to work while watching a stream with VR in it. My brain can only deal with so many levels of inception.

Megasoum

Banned
I started doing that on my PS4. I used the web browser, which is horrible but works nicely with the site, to stream UPF while I played the Wii U on the couch. Good stuff.

Yeah I do that to from time to time but since it'S a free stream on Twitch then the Twitch app is much easier.

justjim89

Not being easily scared is one thing, but it seems like immersion within a game is an entirely foreign concept to Dan. Not with these games specifically, just in general.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
worth tuning in for drew's stumble

KELBdJE.gif

repeater

Hey guys, I've been away since Thursday, hope all's been well and the anime prohibition has been enforced.

I've been watching the Oculus stream for an hour and a half.. Is this the day VR died?

Brashnir

This game has a dire need of Fudgehogs.

Or any kind of charm or personality. Everything I've seen so far on this show seems like it was designed by emotionally dead people. Or robots.

yami4ct

This game has a dire need of Fudgehogs.

Or any kind of charm or personality. Everything I've seen so far on this show seems like it was designed by emotionally dead people. Or robots.

I'm not sure what game you're talking about as I'm behind the screen. In general, though, all the Oculus published games feel incredibly over-produced and sterile. Some of the outside games are charming as shit, but stuff like Lucky's Tale feels like it has no personality.

Brashnir

I'm not sure what game you're talking about as I'm behind the screen. In general, though, all the Oculus published games feel incredibly over-produced and sterile. Some of the outside games are charming as shit, but stuff like Lucky's Tale feels like it has no personality.

I've only caught bits and pieces here and there, so maybe I've missed the charming ones.

FStop7

Banned
It's not even April and there have been a bunch of hard-hitting deaths, Batman vs. Superman was trash, and VR is Kinect Redux.

It's the Year of Luigi all over again.

yami4ct

I've only caught bits and pieces here and there, so maybe I've missed the charming ones.

I'm catching stuff here and there, but the jetpack game by The Room folks looks neat. Good art style and clever use of VR. Definitely a tech demo as opposed to a full game, but it's much more interesting than the Oculus Published stuff.

Seeing Chronos now. The idea of the age progression system sounds cool, but everything else seems absolutely awful. Talk about a game that seems actively hindered by VR. Third Person RPGs are not ready for VR.

yami4ct

Has there been one interesting looking original VR game yet?

Tennis looks fun as shit, but the addition of VR isn't any better than the addition of the Wii controller. I could play Wii Tennis and have as much if not more without paying the price of a headset.

Adr1ft seems neat, but everything I hear about how repetitive that game gets is disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom