• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

PooBone

2818999-4357386471-fBljh.gif

approves

This gif tho, LOL

Random thought, I wonder if most games will stick to just rendering legs when you look down, or if they'll make it so you can see your torso too. It'd be really cool in a fantasy game to be able to look down and see your new armor on your torso too instead of just legs.

No, they give you a free code for the game on the Oculus Store if you own it anywhere else. This is because you can only use OculusSDK on the Oculus Store. The Steam version will work in VR with SteamVR, but that's not "native" support.

Thats one way to kill your product before its out. Separate storefront? Garbage!

Doop

I grew up (in the country) calling it a jew's harp, realizing later how offensive that is. only to then find out that that may be it's actual name? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew's_harp

but yeah that's what it was

e: http://jewsharpguild.org/history.html

I had heard of the jew's harp name, but I never knew there was so much history to it. What a weird thing.

Also, weirdly enough, outside of that Golem video GB recently did, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a VR headset used with a VR made game. The only other footage I saw of the oculus was the HL2 thing and that rollercoaster demo being shown to grandmothers.

Is Easter monday not a holiday in the US?

Oh hell no. Some places maybe get Good Friday off.

Weird time to ask this, but has Drew ever detailed how he has a standing desk set up? I know he likes to do the standing deal now, and I'm looking into building my own desk soon. I'd like to have an adjustable option so I can still sit down if I need to.

KingKong

You weren't expecting them to play VR games during the VR live stream?

well to be honest I was expecting something to go hilariously wrong or for Dan to throw up live on air, but at the very least something interesting and not the most boring demos in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom