• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It's not even April and there have been a bunch of hard-hitting deaths, Batman vs. Superman was trash, and VR is Kinect Redux.

It's the Year of Luigi all over again.

Every year is the year of Luigi, PBUH.

This VR stream is so bad. What a disappointment. You can say the tech is new.and it will take time, bur first impressions do matter. They need the enthusiast crowd because it is not economical for mainstream appeal.

Am I the only one who knew that the livestream's deck line (I'm looking to get virtual...) was from longmont potion castle?

just got home from work, looking to watch fools get virtual

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Every year is the year of Luigi, PBUH.

This VR stream is so bad. What a disappointment. You can say the tech is new.and it will take time, bur first impressions do matter. They need the enthusiast crowd because it is not economical for mainstream appeal.

But that's the reality of it. It's still new.

It will gain support through racing games and cockpit games. But people are still learning the language of vr, so to speak.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

It will gain support through racing games and cockpit games. But people are still learning the language of vr, so to speak.

Well yes, but I'd be concerned that they burn the early adopters with disappointing software and teething problems which hamstrings wider adoption as the tech becomes more sophisticated and economical.

justjim89

This whole thing is just weird because most of the games feel like bite-size tech demos but the barrier to entry is like $2000 worth of technology.

kvk1

Man, the cooldown in GB chat is always absurdly high.

I get that they're trying to keep things under control, but 140 seconds?

Man, the cooldown in GB chat is always absurdly high.

I get that they're trying to keep things under control, but 140 seconds?

Yeah it's lame, it makes it impossible to reply to anyone really, you wouldn't believe how many great one liners and snarky comments I've had to abandon.

Aerocrane

Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic is pretty great.
TF6g0zS.png

FStop7

Banned

This is kind of true but it neglects the fact that the hardware's been accessible to devs for three years and this is the best that's come of it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is kind of true but it neglects the fact that the hardware's been accessible to devs for three years and this is the best that's come of it.

3 years is nothing when it comes to developement of new tech. What are your expectations when it comes to software development?

Not having a commercial release to test the waters of what the general audience wants doesn't help either.

justjim89

Think of it though, after this week they'll literally never need to talk about VR on the Bombcast again, right?

Right?

Kidding, of course. They've been talking about VR for a while but now that it's here, they'll have a lot more substantial stuff to talk about.

Think of it though, after this week they'll literally never need to talk about VR on the Bombcast again, right?

Right?

Kidding, of course. They've been talking about VR for a while but now that it's here, they'll have a lot more substantial stuff to talk about.

Another headset (with its own gimmick) is releasing next week as well

In my mind I'd been thinking that I'd hold off on playing SFV until this march update but I've no idea why and now I don't know that I have the motivation to come back.

yami4ct

Hey look. Another 'censorship' thread!

People aren't allowed to have opinions on game content. Developers aren't allowed to make updates when agreeing with said opinion.

This shit is never going to end, huh?

Hey look. Another 'censorship' thread!

People aren't allowed to have opinions on game content. Developers aren't allowed to make updates when agreeing with said opinion.

This shit is never going to end, huh?

As long as Giant Bomb talks about it, and in turn gets them to talk about Overwatch and play it, is all good with me.

I want to be Jeffs overwatch buddy one day

yami4ct

As long as Giant Bomb talks about it, and in turn gets them to talk about Overwatch and play it, is all good with me.

I want to be Jeffs overwatch buddy one day

I remember them playing and digging it during the closed beta. I guess it didn't stick with anyone enough to go to the new beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom